Old 24 May 2011, 07:50   #1
COW

Length: no boat
wanted yanmar 4LH STE 230HP

During complete overhaul my engine block YANMAR 4LH STE has been found slightly cracked, need to replace it.
Anyone could tell me if other yanmar blocks are suitable for 4LH STE (i.e: 4LHA STE or 4LH DTE ?).
Anyone could tell me if any repair on the block could be made ?

Ready to study any proposal as need to be repaired or replaced urgently..(complete running engines welcome too!)

TKS
Old 24 May 2011, 20:43   #2

Town: Goudswaard
Boat name: mr D
Make: Deltapower
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yamaha f300 BETU
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by COW
During complete overhaul my engine block YANMAR 4LH STE has been found slightly cracked, need to replace it.
Anyone could tell me if other yanmar blocks are suitable for 4LH STE (i.e: 4LHA STE or 4LH DTE ?).
Anyone could tell me if any repair on the block could be made ?

Ready to study any proposal as need to be repaired or replaced urgently..(complete running engines welcome too!)

TKS
We discussed already by pm - i think all the 4 lh blocks are easily interchangable. My delta rib initially had an DTE block when it started its military life, which got changed to a bigger 230hp ste in 2008 when the boat came into private hands . I understood from dave crawford (the engineer in lymington who did the replacing) that it was quite an easy conversion at that time.

It is not entirely my field of expertise so please correct me if i'm wrong , but the differences in the 4lh engines are due to different intercooler, turbo size and fuelpump .
Old 24 May 2011, 23:38   #3

Town: north ayrshire
Boat name: charlie girl
Make: S/R5.4/regal3760
Length: 10m +
Engine: Suzukidf70 2x6lp 315
engine available

Hi I have a 4lh ste with 100 hours with a cracked cylinder head I can sell you the block or complete engine contact me for more details
regards

Ken Nunn
Old 25 May 2011, 09:49   #4
COW

Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by gohelm View Post
We discussed already by pm - i think all the 4 lh blocks are easily interchangable. My delta rib initially had an DTE block when it started its military life, which got changed to a bigger 230hp ste in 2008 when the boat came into private hands . I understood from dave crawford (the engineer in lymington who did the replacing) that it was quite an easy conversion at that time.

It is not entirely my field of expertise so please correct me if i'm wrong , but the differences in the 4lh engines are due to different intercooler, turbo size and fuelpump .
Good morning,

thank you. As expected there is no way to repair the crack on my engine block.
I need to find a 4LH STE block because on others LH models, the fittings and pipings are slightly different between models. Other way is to find a running 4LHA STE which i could put to replace the 4LH STE, the question is to know if overhaul dimensions and mounting brackets are identical !

All infos are welcome !

TKS
Old 01 June 2011, 16:31   #5

Town: north ayrshire
Boat name: charlie girl
Make: S/R5.4/regal3760
Engine: Suzukidf70 2x6lp 315
Hi I sent you details and pictures of the engine i have for sale to your email address but as you have not replied im not sure if you got them?
basically the engine I have will be suitable to repair your unit if your interested please let me know as i'm due to go offshore soon and wont be around for several weeks to send the engine out to you once i leave

no problem if you dont want it but if you could let me know either way that would be great

regards

Ken
Old 31 December 2012, 13:21   #6

Hi I am interested in STE. Please say me if you got have it to sell. My email is ti.gei@tiscali.it Thankks
Old 31 December 2012, 16:52   #7

Town: Looe
Make: Delta
Length: 4m +
Engine: Mercury
Hello,

Yes we have a rebuilt one in stock. Will e mail you once im back at work with the price. Its a 12v version.