Boat name: nothing
Make: rib eye 430
Length: 4m +
Engine: tatsu 50
MMSI: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalker View Post
Compressor and clutch

Note the cable and connector hanging from the clutch. The actuation is magnetic and the cable supplies the current to energise the electromagnet.
Yes i see that . Spoke to Bob this morning he was on his boat and confirmed there is a wire , but its a bithidden and painted same colour as the engine .

Are there more parts not shown in that diagram , i can't see a bearing in the clutch or the external parts that fly out as its activated . Its that elusive bearing that we all seem to think is the source of the noise
Old 24 November 2008, 20:29   #22
alt

Town: Galway, West Eire
Make: Cranchi
Length: 5m +
Engine: 2 x Volvo KAD300
Send a message via MSN to alt
I had a similar thing happen to me before, it was an air leak, that only sounded when the supercharger kicked in as there was a lot of air pressure, sounded like a fog horn so may not be your problem but worth a look.....

As you look at the engine, to the right (port side) of the air box you'll see the air pipe, with a rubber ducting held by 2 clips (The ducting is only a few inches long). This is where the air was escaping from on my engine... only took 5 mins to fix

Other than that, did you check your belts? I found that the KAD32 eat's belts, but mainly the CIRCULATION belt (which is the most inside one and most annoying to change!). When the engine is off, check tension of all belts, esp this one. If it's just loose, tighten it up, if it's knackered then just replace it