Old 19 January 2021, 15:23   #1

Town: Tampa
Length: 6m +
Trolling motor on transom

I’ve a 650 zodiac and would love to have spot lock that’s available on bow mounted electric trolling motors for fishing purposes. It’s a pain in the butt to anchor and deal with the current etc... I can potentially build a bracket on my transom to mount a electric trolling motor. Anyone done this before or should I get a new boat?
Old 20 January 2021, 03:54   #2

Town: Dalmeny
Make: zodiac
Length: 5m +
Engine: outboard
Why not build something or have something built to bow mount it. I think you will have dramas trying to spot lock if its transom mounted unless you don't mind backing into the the wind and swell all the time..
Old 20 January 2021, 15:10   #3

Town: Tampa
Length: 6m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonp View Post
Why not build something or have something built to bow mount it. I think you will have dramas trying to spot lock if its transom mounted unless you don't mind backing into the the wind and swell all the time..
I was looking at a step that can be mounted to bow tubes and would have to use a stock part which should provide room for the trolling motor. Anyone ever done this? It’s a pain in the but to andchor when fishing.
Old 23 January 2021, 11:55   #4

Town: Somerset
Make: Takacat
Length: 3m +
You can buy tubular metal transoms( designed for “round tail” dinghies). They just fit over the tubes. I have seen them advertised somewhere recently, possibly for an Avon dinghy. Not sure if they would do the job, as you would need to attach a little way back from the bow, but might be worth a look, as it would be removable.