Old 13 November 2014, 21:47   #1
cam

Town: Oxford & Falmouth
Boat name: Rescue
Make: Humber
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yam 50hp 4 stroke
Thermostat for Suzuki DT30 (1995 approx)

Hi,

I am in the process of selling my old RIB, (an Avon SR4 with a mid 90's Suzuki Ouboard), however it had a problem where the boat used to beep every 7 or so seconds and drop the revs, this was because of a overheating problem, a problem that did not exist and due to a faulty thermostat, it was stuck open.

My Dealer (a non-Suzuki one) removed the thermostat and it is now long gone, although the problem still exists. I have talked to several Suzuki dealers and they cannot supply parts for outboards pre-2000.

Does anyone know of where I can buy another thermostat because I need to sell the boat ASAP.

Thanks

~cam
Old 14 November 2014, 06:53   #2

Town: Newcastle Under Lyme
Make: Mercury Quicksilver
Length: 5m +
Engine: Outboard Yamaha 50hp
Hi, I'm no expert & also quite an outboard newbie, but I've been looking for a thermostat for my 2002 Yamaha 50hp 4 stroke outboard as the original is stuck open, what I've found is that there are really only a limited number of types that fit most outboards, eg Yamaha, Honda, Mariner & Suzuki seem to use the same fitting. The only difference is that the temperatures can be different, 50C & 60C seem to be the most common.

As with most things in the UK the price is around 3-4 times the price in the USA for the same thing. Yamaha ones here are around £40-£50 each, and around £10-£15 from the US.... I'm just double checking the fitment & then I'm ordering from the US

Also try calling Duncan at UK Outboard Parts, really helpful guy 07473 792802