Length: 6m +
Engine: 150 optimax
The pleasures of buying pre-enjoyed [emoji9]

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4531.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	126156
I’ve been having an occasional issue with the bottom rh 20 amp fuse blowing on my opti 150. It seems to be for the power tilt and trim but also seemed to be linked to the ignition.

On holiday last week I started to encounter an issue with the engine occasionally giving what sounded like a metallic clunk.
After retiring for a coffee and a good think I decided I’d have a look at the starter and ring gear. The noise reminded me somewhat of a starter failing to engage.
Everything looked normal so I visually checked the starter solenoid for an signs it was overheating or damaged.

Again all looked ok so next item was the ignition switch which I found was sometimes not fully returning to the run position after the engine had started, on these occasions the starter was trying to engage with the flywheel [emoji15].

We returned home from holiday through a monsoon on Saturday and after draining four inches of water from inside the boat I again found the 20amp fuse had blown.
Shortly after replacing the fuse I heard a fizzling noise and found smoke coming from the ignition switch which I quickly disconnected.
I’m hoping the switch has been the cause of the recent fuse problem, new switch ordered Monday arrived today [emoji106].
I’ve also had what I think is a fuel starvation problem at higher revs since the boat was serviced.
When running on the inboard tank the priming bulb will go soft when underway and the engine will start to slow. To help identify the cause I hooked up my auxiliary tank straight to the engine and it ran fine.
I decided to replace the primer bulb along with the full fuel line from tank back for peace of mind.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4874.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	221.9 KB
ID:	126157
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4875.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	209.1 KB
ID:	126158
Hopefully I’ve managed to attach the photos of the fuel line I removed [emoji102].
Was really surprised how swollen and degraded the old rubber fuel line was.

If the wind would drop a bit now I could go a test her out .
Old 31 July 2018, 19:12   #2

Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha
That quicksilver silver fuel line is absolute rubbish and is well known for degrading and restricting the fuel system
Old 31 July 2018, 19:14   #3

Town: Armagh
Make: Xs
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150 optimax
I reckon it’s been in there since the initial build, glad it’s gone [emoji106]