Old 08 May 2011, 20:59   #1

Town: clifden
Boat name: outbound
Make: avon 6m\ osprey 6,25
Length: 6m +
Engine: outboard suzi df140
suzuki df 140 side mount control

quick question, does anybody know which side mount control box is the correct match for my df 140, the engine is a 02 model, i need a side mount for the osprey console and the engine came with a top mount, i have looked at a few but cant confirm a serial number. thanks in advance.
Old 10 May 2011, 21:53   #2

i have got the right serial number which is 67200-93e50, has anyone got one of these laying around, all the ones on ebay are 67200-93j00 which only has a short main harness, now maybe i can make the looms work but it would be much easier to get the correct one if i could, thanks
Old 11 May 2011, 12:30   #3

Boat name: Wildheart
Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Length: 5m +
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
I'm no expert on the Suz part numbers, but assuming it's the same electrical connector at the engine end, is the "short" harness actually the right length for your boat?

Other option might be to do an "electrics-ectomy" on the top mount & do a retro fit to the side mount. Itf they're both Suz, chances are they'll have the same format connectors inside. For what it's worth I did that on mine (put the electrics in the console) and am now running a Merc from a Yam 703, and only had to change one bullet on the 703 internal loom to match the Merc cabling.......

That way in theory (I think) any Suz side mount should work.
Old 11 May 2011, 13:02   #4

Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
The top-mount boxes will have a separate keyswitch, killswitch & alarm sounder, often built into a small panel. If you can fit these to the console, then as suggested by 9D280, you could use just about any PTT control box (one which accepts 33C cables would be easiest, eg Soozook, Yam, Honda, Twatsoo). The only wiring you need from the control box are the 3 x PTT cables and the 2 from the neutral interlock.
Old 11 May 2011, 22:30   #5

thanks lads, but i want to keep the package original if i can, its actually running on that set up at the mo on my other boat, but as i m going to put it on the osprey i dont want to cut t console for all the extras, key and kill cord, i ve come on a soozie box on ebay for 175 e plus postage, but i ve actually come on the proper box for 300e brand spanking new and if it dont work i can send it back, so to save all the mess i ll go with that for now, downhilldai tell me do you find the osprey a wet boat,mine which is the 6.25 will soak ya on a beam sea, but still handles fantastic. thanks again
Old 11 May 2011, 22:35   #6

Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by nan-ber View Post
downhilldai tell me do you find the osprey a wet boat
Depends how it's driven - too much of the 'fun button' can bring a bit of spray over the toob in a beam sea, but in general it's pretty dry.