Old 14 May 2021, 17:14   #21

Length: 3m +
Sawing down the open side to relieve pressure then using a puller got the last part out. All refinished with Emery and steam cleaned awaiting the new parts.

Thanks for the tips.
Old 25 May 2021, 15:32   #22

Length: 3m +
Well the post brought all the parts this morning that were needed to completely rebuild the lower leg.

A huge thanks to Andy and Claire at BHG Marine in Lymington. They were the first company I called when looking for the parts and they couldn't have been more helpful and efficient despite me keeping adding bits to the order.

The hardest part of the reassembly was making sure I remembered the order in which I had dismantled everything over two weeks ago! But it was all pretty straight forward. Smaller outboards are beautifully simple bits of machinery to play around with.

By lunchtime it was all back together and it's been running this afternoon with no visible issues or concerns.

The plan is to let it drain and then take the leg off to just give it a final check over. And then before driving for two hours to the south coast it would make sense to run it for a day on the Avon just up the road.