Ive not been feeling it for boating for the last few months, not ill, just lot of other garden stuff like building a polytunnel for the wife to gain brownie points after one of our 8 x 6 greenhouses got eaten by a storm.
Anyway today I thought I better fire up the Yamaha 15hp 2t as its not run since last September. I used fuel stab-bil on the 3/4 full tank I stored outside under cover hoping it would be fine to still use.
I filled the water container and primed it up, choke out and away it went with a good stream of water from the tell tail. Within a minute the stream was reduced to a trickle. Thats not good, this engine normally thinks its a fire engine. Up the garden shed I found a spare roll of strimmer nylon, cut off a mtr and poked that up the hole, whoosh its back to full pee.
So it was just a bit or bits of flaky corrosion I guess from being dry all winter.
I thought I really must coil up some strimmer nylon and cable tie it under the hood somewhere so its available should it happen at sea, so its now got a coil held in place by the output charging socket cap.
strimmer wire attached.jpg