Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > Engines & props
Click Here to Login

Old 15 January 2012, 17:05   #1

Make: Zodiac
Length: 3m +
Engine: 9.9 Hosses!
Serial number help needed please...

Hi

Having just picked up my new (ish) SIB a 2004 Zodiac acti v with a mercury 9.9hp I was looking for a little help with it, Im pretty pleased with my choice of boat, Always remember seeing them as a child!

I know the serial number its 09586897 and I am trying to work out the year of it, Want to pick up a few service bits for it....All the searching I have done on here and with Google is seeming to bring up dead links!

Also it has the gear shift on the tiller handle and the kill switch is the red button on the end? I think thats correct, However it came with a lanyard for it as well....do I have this all wrong...and if so where does the lanyard fit on?

Last question, I put it all away into my garage tonight and its pretty dark out there, I didnt see a place to fix up my hose to so I can flush it out! Any ideas on this one as well, I will keep looking tonight and maybe come up with a few answers.

Thanks very much

Nick
Old 15 January 2012, 17:11   #2

Town: Plymouth
Length: 6m +
Hello

It's a Belgium built 1990 model as shown on the attached picture. The water intake is under the cav plate instead of on the sides of its gear case which makes flushing more difficult. You'll need a bucket!

Nice motors, I like the gears being built into the throttle. yes that's a stop button on the end of its tiller and yes the kill cord goes to the kill switch on the front/side of motor, near the choke (pics to show)

As its a switch it can run without the cord (handy for MOB recovery) so just make sure you do use the kill cord at all times , especially if 1 up!

Hope that helps

Peter ~ Boatsandoutboards4sale ~ askboatsandoutboards4sale@sky.com ~ 07930 421007
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1155428508.png
Views:	192
Size:	281.8 KB
ID:	64939   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1937422965.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	64940   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1551709858.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	64941  
Old 15 January 2012, 17:19   #3

Peter

Thanks for the very quick reply, One last question, How does the cord attach to the switch its a quicksilver cord with a plastic loop on one end and a metal one on the other...As you say I have no intention of using it without but want to make sure I can get it all setup safely and correctly.

Thanks Nick
Old 15 January 2012, 17:23   #4

Your welcome

Flick the switch to "off" push the hoop into the run clip then flick the switch to "run" (up) this will catch the hoop. When you pull it off it should flick the switch to "off" killing the motor. Try it a few times with the motor off to get the hang of it. If you do flick it to run with the cord off it can be tricky to get the switch back down (with fingers my size at least), at the top of the switch is a hole you can push the ignition key down which pushes the switch back down. As you don't have electric start just use any key, wire, hook etc. Whatever is handy.

The metal clip can be used to clip onto the cord to create a horse knot. This can then go around your arm/leg. Please don't make the mistake of clipping it to the motor (or ignition keys on larger engines) as then it's pointless having it fitted in the first place

Enjoy!

Peter ~ Boatsandoutboards4sale ~ askboatsandoutboards4sale@sky.com ~ 07930 421007
Old 15 January 2012, 17:29   #5

Ahhhh Thanks that makes perfect sense.....I have tiny fingers and have been flicking it up and down no problem! The pictures werent there first time I looked, All makes perfect sense...The second picture looks similar to mine, Cant wait to give it a run next weekend.

Nick
Old 15 January 2012, 17:36   #6

Let us know how you get on. Just remember run is up, off is down (incase you wonder why it won't start, first thing to check). That's assuming it's not been fiddled with