Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > Engines & props
Click Here to Login

Old 08 July 2018, 14:55   #1

Town: South West
Boat name: SR Adventure 4.7
Length: under 3m
Problems with Evinrude E50PL4SS 1999, Suzuki Diagnostic lead & software needed please

Went Out from west Bay 6 weeks ago for a spot of fishing, After a couple of hours of catching nothing !. we moved spot & i thought there was bit a of whine to the engine.
we stopped, fished a little. restarted the engine after 20 mins & all seemed normal for a while until the noise came back, it wasn't particularly pronounced or loud. we were less than a quarter revs when this happened so we throttled back to just over tick over & i moved to the motor to see if i could hear more & try to get an idea where it was coming from. Next minute warning buzzer & the exclaimation red light came on, on the rev counter. we cut the engine, re-started it a minute later & the light didnt come back on, went back towards the harbour at about half revs with no problems, dropped the revs to trawling speeds & within a minute the warning displayed & buzzer sounded again !
I wasnt aware the warning light flashed a code number so didnt pay any attention to it, apart from that it was on !.

So with some help from a kind member on here, i was able to make up a date lead & went to plug it in with the software sourced from on-line, but i couldn't find the date connection to the engine !
Rang a Evinrude dealer & asked if this model had dianostics, when i found out its a Suzuki engine re badged as Evinrude & found out about the codes displayed as flashes on the warning lights. Bugger - i made up the wrong lead !

Checked all the oil levels & restarted the engine yesterday in a dustbin of water, couldn't get the warning lights or the whine to happen again !

So i wondered if anyone has a wiring diagram for making up a Suzuki data lead & knows where i could get the software to read the warning code of the enging please ?

Many Thanks
Old 10 July 2018, 13:29   #2

Town: South West
Boat name: SR Adventure 4.7
Length: under 3m
Anyone .......??

Tags
suzuki