Old 29 November 2019, 09:46   #1

Town: Derbyshire
Boat name: Zephyr
Make: Zodiac
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 115Hp
Possible damage

So my useless neighbour managed to reverse his car into my outboard the other day.

The engine was in the raised position and he hit it right on the bottom of the leg, hard enough to swing the front of the trailer 2 feet.

There doesn't appear to be any damage apart from a slight angle change to the eye. I'm going to get it looked at by a professional but what's the worst case with no visible signs?

Matt
Old 29 November 2019, 11:11   #2

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy Matt View Post
So my useless neighbour managed to reverse his car into my outboard the other day.

The engine was in the raised position and he hit it right on the bottom of the leg, hard enough to swing the front of the trailer 2 feet.

There doesn't appear to be any damage apart from a slight angle change to the eye. I'm going to get it looked at by a professional but what's the worst case with no visible signs?

Matt
i had my 90 suzuki ran into the skeg cut a lovely slit right down the car bonnet with no problems, but if its been hit from the side and bent its a new leg if the bottom leg has been pulled it will leave a gap at the joint if its pulled/sheared the bolts.
Old 29 November 2019, 11:45   #3

Town: Derbyshire
Boat name: Zephyr
Make: Zodiac
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 115Hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffstevens763@g View Post
i had my 90 suzuki ran into the skeg cut a lovely slit right down the car bonnet with no problems, but if its been hit from the side and bent its a new leg if the bottom leg has been pulled it will leave a gap at the joint if its pulled/sheared the bolts.
Mine engine is only a 30hp Tohatsu 2T. I'm hoping he's done some serious internal damage.

The leg looks to be at a slight angle but I think it's more likely he's moved it on the mountings.

I'm not even bothering to look closely, he's paying whatever bill I get

Tags
sib