Click Here to Login

Old 06 March 2021, 21:14   #1

Town: Belfast
Boat name: Implication
Make: Avon
Length: 4m +
Engine: Evinrude 50hp
Newbie SR4 Etec 50 service / fuel q

Hi There. Been scrolling the forum for a few months, really good information available.
I bought a 95 SR4 coming into lockdown June 2020 with a 2010 Evinrude ETEC 50 with about 200 hours on it and newly serviced for sale. Had no real idea about RIBs when buying if honest so delighted to find SR4 seems to be a bit of a classic.
Engine ran perfectly and boat was great fun over the summer but with lockdowns and it being kept at a holiday house probably only did 20-30 hours in it. It was last in the water in August, I had hoped to get out later in the season but lockdown struck again and wasn’t allowed into Republic of Ireland so it just sat. Managed to get over in December and run the E-Tec winterization, it started first turn and seemed to go through the motions ok. It was flushed with muffs after every outing and Fuel set fuel conditioner used throughout the summer. Realistically I wont be out in it again until May. Just wondering –
should I be getting the etec serviced first? Had thought outboards to be serviced every year but reading about etecs maybe not?
Is the 20l of fuel left in the tank (stored under jockey seat, under cover with fuel set added) ok to use or should it be binned?
Thanks for the advice, understand it is opinions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SR4.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	136455  
Old 06 March 2021, 22:14   #2
RIBnet supporter

Town: Cowes
Boat name: Clear Dawn
Make: Cormate
Length: 7m +
Engine: Verado 200
MMSI: 235924981
Great boat and engine combination, don’t worry about the fuel, it’ll be fine. The engine won’t need servicing until you get the hours up.
There’s no need to get it serviced every year, I had the same boat and engine with too many commitments and had the second service with a nearly 3 year gap.
IMO the most important thing is flushing with fresh water.
Use quality 2 stroke oil and have fun!
Old 06 March 2021, 23:21   #3

Town: Belfast
Boat name: Implication
Make: Avon
Length: 4m +
Engine: Evinrude 50hp
Great thanks - had kind of thought it should be ok but good to ask people with more experience advice. Think I have been quite lucky with the purchase as didn't have a lot of knowledge but bought it on brokerage from a reputable outfit.