Old 22 September 2005, 19:15   #1

Town: nr Lymington
Boat name: JU-JU
Make: Halmatic PAC22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 140.5 Mermaid
Minimec pumps

Got a bit of a problem

I have lost 200 rpm of WOT been through everything else, turbo hoses, injectors, air leaks, filters, return valves etc and before I sent the pump in for a look-see, I gave it the once over and found some of the seal are missing
On the side of my pump there is a mechanical stop screw that should be sealed, the seal has been removed and I assume the screw been moved. Now the lock nut was loose and I think it might have wound itself in (or maybe its wishfull thinking on my part).
It has been so long since I did any of this that I can’t remember. Am I doing to damage the pump if I wind the screw out
From memory there is another stop inside the pump on the end of the rack which moves out of the way for excess fuel but not sure Des
Old 22 September 2005, 19:50   #2

Town: helston
Boat name: pressman
Make: Carson 900
Length: 9m +
Engine: twin 370 yanmar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scary Des
Got a bit of a problem

I have lost 200 rpm of WOT been through everything else, turbo hoses, injectors, air leaks, filters, return valves etc and before I sent the pump in for a look-see, I gave it the once over and found some of the seal are missing
On the side of my pump there is a mechanical stop screw that should be sealed, the seal has been removed and I assume the screw been moved. Now the lock nut was loose and I think it might have wound itself in (or maybe its wishfull thinking on my part).
It has been so long since I did any of this that I can’t remember. Am I doing to damage the pump if I wind the screw out
From memory there is another stop inside the pump on the end of the rack which moves out of the way for excess fuel but not sure Des
You need to get a diesel shop to set that up properly on a calibration machine, if you wind it out to far, you could cause more damage, and expense to the engine.

Have you had the injectors checked? Would be the first place to start.
Old 22 September 2005, 20:56   #3

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
What engine is the Mermaid based on? Think it's a Ford isn't it? Will ask my mate for you - what he doesn't know about diesel engines isn't worth knowing - he lives and breathes them(and YES he is quite sad)!!!
Old 22 September 2005, 21:33   #4

Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scary Des
Got a bit of a problem

. Am I doing to damage the pump if I wind the screw out

Try it.... and let us know...
Old 23 September 2005, 10:17   #5

Town: nr Lymington
Boat name: JU-JU
Make: Halmatic PAC22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 140.5 Mermaid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono
Try it.... and let us know...
Been having fun this AM after a quick chat with Mermaid (join the owners club it’s worth it ) I wound out the screw and low and behold, all the revs (and some more) are back, at least, the no-load revs

I was told that the Mermaid turbo 4 should rev no-load to 3100 ish and my one had dropped to 2800.

The throttle stop screw had a lock nut and I think this vibrated free allowing the screw to move. The throttle stop is set and sealed in the factory but during my boats life the seal has been removed

I’m really happy now and might bunk off work and take the boat out to play with the results Des