Old 06 August 2019, 22:17   #1

Town: Nottinghamshire
Make: Ranieri 15
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki DF50
Mercury 40 Fuel Connector

I've just swopped my F30 for a F40 and am not sure how to affix the fuel pipe to the new engine. The old one had a quick release connector, the same as on the 25l Quicksilver fuel tank however all I see on the bigger engine is a short stub of pipe with a plastic nozzle fixed together with a black cable tie. Doesn't look very good to me so how's it done properly?

I have a stainless jubilee clip but the grey 5/16 fuel pipe doesn't look to be a very close fit to the nozzle. A matching cable tie, fuel tank side would be even worse.
Old 08 August 2019, 14:26   #2

Boat name: Bluefin
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150hp
MMSI: Ex Directory
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limecc View Post
I've just swopped my F30 for a F40 and am not sure how to affix the fuel pipe to the new engine. The old one had a quick release connector, the same as on the 25l Quicksilver fuel tank however all I see on the bigger engine is a short stub of pipe with a plastic nozzle fixed together with a black cable tie. Doesn't look very good to me so how's it done properly?

I have a stainless jubilee clip but the grey 5/16 fuel pipe doesn't look to be a very close fit to the nozzle. A matching cable tie, fuel tank side would be even worse.

Yes, the 40 is a permanent fuel supply so the pipe connects to the nozzle with a stainless fuel pipe clamp (or stainless jubilee clip) ........ the pipe is then usually run in the conduit with the other cables etc.

On a 420, most dealers fit the fuel tank under the seat (quicksilver 30L) and the water separator is also fitted under the seat on the helm side.
Old 08 August 2019, 14:59   #3

Town: Nottinghamshire
Make: Ranieri 15
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki DF50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpsguru View Post
Yes, the 40 is a permanent fuel supply so the pipe connects to the nozzle with a stainless fuel pipe clamp (or stainless jubilee clip) ........ the pipe is then usually run in the conduit with the other cables etc.

On a 420, most dealers fit the fuel tank under the seat (quicksilver 30L) and the water separator is also fitted under the seat on the helm side.
Thanks Gpsguru, what a good idea to have the fuel tank under the seat, although a little off-putting because the battery isolator is there with possible fuel vapour. Is this a concern? The separator is fixed to the transom and I like the position of that where it is. Moving the fuel forward would help balance the craft and counter the extra engine weight, but we'd lose some dry storage.
Old 08 August 2019, 20:08   #4

Boat name: Bluefin
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150hp
MMSI: Ex Directory
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limecc View Post
Thanks Gpsguru, what a good idea to have the fuel tank under the seat, although a little off-putting because the battery isolator is there with possible fuel vapour. Is this a concern? The separator is fixed to the transom and I like the position of that where it is. Moving the fuel forward would help balance the craft and counter the extra engine weight, but we'd lose some dry storage.

On mine the battery and the isolator were in the centre console and the fuel under the bench seat ...........balance was OK ........