Anybody got one and have an opinion?
general reliability and running?
Old 21 January 2008, 18:45   #2

Town: Warwickshire
Boat name: True Blue
Make: Humber ocean pro 6.3
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mercury 150 opti
The older one was based on the yam block and was a great engine, The new one has a very tall cowl and looks a bulky engine but I havn't heard any bad reports (now based on the verado block). We have used both and had no problems with either.
Old 22 January 2008, 14:48   #3

Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
We've got a new one on our demonstrator that uses the Verado block - 48mph on the 6 metre RIB, quiet and it uses the Smartcraft guages - too new to know about reliability.
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2008, 15:25   #4

Town: Inverness
Boat name: none
Make: none
Engine: none
MMSI: none
I was just asking before finally commiting to the Suzi 90 but it turns out the ones advertised on B&O at £5k are 05 models and the deal isn't as good as th suzi 90 I can get.
Old 22 January 2008, 17:37   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceB View Post
I was just asking before finally commiting to the Suzi 90 but it turns out the ones advertised on B&O at £5k are 05 models and the deal isn't as good as th suzi 90 I can get.
The one one B&O for 5k is the old model with the yam block, probably won't have the 5 year warranty. the new models are on there for 6.3k with 5 year warranty. Suzi is also a good engine and just started offering the 5 year warranty but personaly I would be looking for more power. With a 90 on a 5.8 destroyer, I would expect to get around 32- 36 knotts. Is that enough?
Old 22 January 2008, 18:28   #6

That is my next question. I am trying to dig around to get a reasonable figure for what I could expect in cruising and top speeds for a 5.8M hull with 100LT fuel, large heavy console and 2-4 folk on board.
If I could get 32 cruise and 36 top speed in knots I would be happy as it is to be used as a cruising RIB rather than anything very fast. My last boat only did 24-27 knots..........
I would prefer the 115 but I am getting offered a Suzi 90 new with everything down to a prop for less than £4300, hard to turn down.
Anybody have knowledge fo deals on 115HP anywhere near this?
Old 22 January 2008, 19:12   #7

Quote:
That is my next question. I am trying to dig around to get a reasonable figure for what I could expect in cruising and top speeds for a 5.8M hull with 100LT fuel, large heavy console and 2-4 folk on board.
If I could get 32 cruise and 36 top speed in knots I would be happy as it is to be used as a cruising RIB rather than anything very fast. My last boat only did 24-27 knots..........
I would prefer the 115 but I am getting offered a Suzi 90 new with everything down to a prop for less than £4300, hard to turn down.
At £4300 that is a good deal. A mercury 115 4 stroke is a good deal at £6300, It is infact less than we buy them in at trade.there are some better prices on optis if your not sold to a 4 stroke. I would expect you will get at least 30 knots with the 90 and 4 people and up to 36ish with one up. We build 6m destroyers up a lot and use 115 optis getting 38 to 40 knots with one up.If your happy with that speed the Suzi will do you well.
Old 22 January 2008, 19:38   #8

I don't mind an Opti at the fuel figures that have been quoted. I have found it hard to get online prices and caling during the day is impossible due to workloads and time pressures.
Ideally I would like 30knts as a cruising speed without straining which is why I am still looking for a 115 if I can get one at the right price, UL shaft only though.
Old 24 January 2008, 12:55   #9

Town: Sunshine Coast, Aus.
Boat name: Rubber Dolly
Make: Ribtec 585
Engine: Mercury F115 Efi
Quote:
I've got the 115 on a Ribtec 585. Its not lightening, but its pretty good. Your figures are about what i get, tho its happier cruising 29-30 knots. Great economy, very quiet. No complaints.