Old 25 August 2007, 20:21   #21

Town: NW London/France
Boat name: Rêve d'O
Make: Zodiac
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki DF50
More Futura Sport Info

On the same page as the other stuff it also says that "The Futura Sport is a show case of Zodiac's advanced technology. Featuring a 2 seater console with wind sheild and on rear view mirror for high speed safety (import for speed I'm sure) a !lightweight!, extra strong floor to cope with heavy accelerations and large speed tubes fitted with !lift strakes! to increase the catamaran effect of the Futura hull, the Futura Sport combines high speed, safety and comfort in one boat"

I believe that this boat (which is always going to be faster that yours no question ) is also fitted with a bespoke foot accelerator, surely vital to high speed! Not wishing to put you down too hard, but according to my brochure I belive you may have gone for the wrong boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now back to the subject of your thread. I have no idea about what prop you should use or what height the moter should be positioned

If it is any consolation to you, the Futura Sport is fitted with a metal rod attached to the transom, flying a Zodiac flag! iT WILL GO EVEN QUICKER COS OF THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 25 August 2007, 23:16   #22

Town: cornwall
Boat name: nothing
Make: rib eye 430
Engine: tatsu 50
MMSI: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realruler View Post
On the same page as the other stuff it also says that "The Futura Sport is a show case of Zodiac's advanced technology. Featuring a 2 seater console with wind sheild and on rear view mirror for high speed safety (import for speed I'm sure) a !lightweight!, extra strong floor to cope with heavy accelerations and large speed tubes fitted with !lift strakes! to increase the catamaran effect of the Futura hull, the Futura Sport combines high speed, safety and comfort in one boat"

I believe that this boat (which is always going to be faster that yours no question ) is also fitted with a bespoke foot accelerator, surely vital to high speed! Not wishing to put you down too hard, but according to my brochure I belive you may have gone for the wrong boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now back to the subject of your thread. I have no idea about what prop you should use or what height the moter should be positioned

If it is any consolation to you, the Futura Sport is fitted with a metal rod attached to the transom, flying a Zodiac flag! iT WILL GO EVEN QUICKER COS OF THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How helpful

I have no experience with the futura , but remember experimanting with my sib . Maybe i have missed it but no mention here of how the motor is trimmed . I guess it is adjustable manually with the pin . Trimming my sib in ,ie moving the motor angle nearer the transom sorted problems on mine .
A rev counter would help with sortin the prop , is there no way you can fit one or sort out a temporary solution.
Old 26 August 2007, 11:59   #23

Town: Up Norf
Make: Avon SR4,Tremlett 23
Engine: Yam 55, Volvo 200
If you bought the boat AND engine as a package then it should be set up for you and any niggles sorted by the dealer.

Phill
Old 28 August 2007, 22:01   #24

Town: Buckingham
Make: Ribcraft 4.8
Engine: Mariner 75
I've just been outside and measured (Futura Mk2 S HD with steering pack & Yamaha 50H) - the top of the anti-cavitation plate on the outboard is 1" below the lowest point on the transom. The previous owner raised the outboard by about 1.5" from the standard fittings and changed the propellor for a stainless steel one (which has no markings so I'm not sure of the size).

I got about 34knots (on the gps) at 4900rpm (WOT) last week in fairly flat water with 25L of fuel and 4 adults. I only remember getting any cavitation in bigger waves a couple of times in the week (even in hard turns) and the acceleration was virtually instant - so I guess that I have sacrificed top speed for acceleration.
Old 28 August 2007, 22:30   #25

Town: cornwall
Boat name: nothing
Make: rib eye 430
Engine: tatsu 50
MMSI: 666
I was just Looking at sibs and specs etc , I notice the Surfcat uses a short shaft motor . The surfcat is arguably higher than a Futura when on the plane so maybe raising the motor is whats required if you have a longshaft .
Old 29 August 2007, 08:58   #26

Town: Buckingham
Make: Ribcraft 4.8
Engine: Mariner 75
Was able to look this morning - "Standard" alu prop (kept as a spare) is an 11x15, current quick acceleration prop is a stainless 11x? (can't see any markings on it without taking it off).
Old 29 August 2007, 22:33   #27

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Like Fast Fred said, if you want speed you need to lift the outboard up as its too low and giving too much drag, but you will sacrefice grip, and hole shot & take off, if you do,.. it all depends what you want from the boat ?