Help! Petrol not drained before transport...
Hi, tucked away my new Suzuki DF6AS and went to bed last night... then reading the manual last night realised that the fuel had definitely not been drained from the carb and filter lines before it was put in my car... there was no fuel in the tank, an external was used. It’s journey has been:
- Initial commissioning run in tank at the dealer
- 1 hour journey in the car laying on its tiller arm (the smell was strong... did it leak here?)
- a few hours sat on the back of the inflated boat in garden
- overnight on its tiller arm side
- 3 hour car journey laying on its tiller arm side (no smell...)
- now tucked away since last night again on its tiller arm
I know the answer is “go and look at it!” But for geographical reasons that isn’t possible. Next time I’ll be with it is Thursday evening.
Do I need to be worried? Or is what’s done is done and if so, what should I look for when I get to it next?
“But for just a few quid more we can get the next size up...”