Old 16 August 2004, 20:49   #21

Town: Leatherhead
Length: no boat
There also seems to be no mention of engine trim anywhere. Were you travelling at speed with the engine trimmed in or out going into and coming out of the turn?

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! Bullshit and brilliance only come with age and experience.
Ribald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2004, 17:38   #22

Town: A large rock
Boat name: La Frette
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200 Suzzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono Garton
Erin

how do you like your 6m prosport?
Actaully I quite like it, even though I've raised a few queries about its handling on this forum. The chine walking is still something that occasionally happens, though (and this is my first rib) I think I'm getting better at handling it and setting the trim etc.

With regard to the steering, the two occasions I can readily remember were when I've been going at a reasonable speed and gone into a turn. Maybe 20 knots or so. The boat is out of the water at the moment having some covers made, so I shall have to wait a few days before working out exactly when it happens and how speed sensitive it is. There is however a fairly tight turn in the steering cable where it comes up from the bilge to the engine which may not be helping.

As far as trim goes, I'd say it's probably been trimmed in when I've done the turns.