Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > Engines & props
Click Here to Login

Old 02 September 2020, 23:04   #1

Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury 15 Efi
Good places to advertise a 9.9 Johnson 2 stroke?

I've just serviced and sorted my little used, long serving 9.9 Johnson 2 stroke, 1994, but wondered where to advertise it - anyone had any good experiences with particular sites?

I've had some poor experiences selling on Ebay, Gumtree seems hit or miss for people turning up - not many outboards- ideally looking for a place that might attract serious interest.
Old 03 September 2020, 06:57   #2

Town: Kent
Boat name: ever dry
Make: Elling KB350
Engine: Yamaha 15hp 2 stroke
Whats wrong with posting it here, it costs nothing. https://www.rib.net/forum/f10/
Old 03 September 2020, 08:34   #3

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Ebay is probably the best and biggest marketplace for getting your OB in front of the most folks to maximise price and potential buyer numbers.

There are very few folks (as a percentage of number of deals) that have been stung by Ebay in terms of losing money and I tend to look at any minor annoyance in the round... perhaps 50 easy deals to one annoying one.
Old 03 September 2020, 10:09   #4

Thank you both for the advice, I'll do both and keep my fingers crossed. Ebay seemed to prioritise the buyer in any disputes however contrived they are by the buyer, and also there's the fees, but as you say it gets a lot of views.
Old 03 September 2020, 10:13   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenlander View Post
Ebay is probably the best and biggest marketplace for getting your OB in front of the most folks to maximise price and potential buyer numbers.

There are very few folks (as a percentage of number of deals) that have been stung by Ebay in terms of losing money and I tend to look at any minor annoyance in the round... perhaps 50 easy deals to one annoying one.
Btw Fenlander, the Mercury 15 worked pretty well on the Aerotec but due to the virus and limitations it hasn't been used nearly as much as I hoped. it does require a different trim setting when i'm alone, and sitting well forward with an extension on the tiller. Its quite a lump to lug around and physically fills the boot way more than the 2 stroke, but I'm going to stick with it. Very sorry to see the two stroke go but no room for both.