Old 15 October 2020, 14:46   #1

Town: Kent
Boat name: ever dry
Make: Elling KB350
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yamaha 15hp 2 stroke
Fuel hose & fittings check

Thought it time to give the fuel tank to outboard hose and fittings a check over. Seems it just gets a sideways glance mostly, the tank always gets a clean up and winter empty out but the hose just sits there with fuel in it caught between two check valves until next spring.
I depressurised it, dumping the fuel into a bucket, took the ends off intending to cut back the hose both ends and refit the connectors.
Once I had cut the ends back 40mm or so I noticed that inside the silver coloured quality hose there was a spiral plastic liner that had become detached from the hose and pushing the 8mm connector up inside was just compressing the liner into a lump waiting to restrict fuel next spring.

Glad I thought to do that job. Time to buy a new hose and bulb.
Old 15 October 2020, 18:03   #2

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Is it the Quicksilver silver/grey hose? Common on that type. I actually like that hose so happily used it in the past when not too old and checked for good condition. But must admit when I found that fault with the Quicksilver hose that came with my used Yamaha 15 last year I junked it in favour of a new branded Yamaha complete hose/primer/conns assy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Quicksilver fue line fault.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	135410  
Old 15 October 2020, 18:30   #3

Town: Kent
Boat name: ever dry
Make: Elling KB350
Engine: Yamaha 15hp 2 stroke
Yes Fenlander thats the one quicksilver, it feels so much more quality than the usual run of the mill hose & I've been happily reusing it without even considering the old fuel sat inside it over winter, let alone the separation which i've yet to see on other fuel hose.
That blocking the fuel flow could give you quite the run around trying to find the fault.