Click Here to Login

Old 04 May 2006, 20:28   #1

Town: Chesapeake Bay
Boat name: Pro Open 6.5
Make: Zodiac Pro Open 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yamamha F115
four blade prop for Zodiac 650

Hi: Has anyone tried a four blade prop on Zodiac Pro Open 650 with Yamaha F115?? I'm using a 13x19 alum and would like to try something else. One prop shop recommeded that I try a four blade over the three.

best to all, Fred
Old 04 May 2006, 20:32   #2

Town: Clitheroe
Length: no boat
4 blade is if you will be carrying a heavy weight, unless you are go for the 3 blade or the performace could be dissapointing.
Old 04 May 2006, 20:48   #3

Town: Edinburgh
Boat name: Iande
Make: Zodiac 6.5 pro open
Engine: Evinrude 150 + Johns
Hi Fred. Using a 3 blade stainless steel on an Evinrude Ficht 150. Great acceleration and control. Does about 40knots flat out but cruises nicely at 25-30 with much better economy.
By the way, did not get a handbook with boat when I bought secondhand. Could you tell me what the electrical plug behind the rear starboard passenger seat is for (looks like a small rod holder but contains electric plug in capacity) and is just above battery compartment. Thought it may be for charging up from a charger but wires do not seem thick enough. Have a cigarette type plug in on console which is totally different. Thanks.
Old 04 May 2006, 21:36   #4

Town: Chesterfield
Boat name: Sea Quell
Make: Picton Cobra
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mercury 150 4 Stroke
MMSI: 235038298
Hi Fred
I went from a 3 blade S/S Laser 19" to a 4 blade 17" Revolution 4. Light loaded top speed dropped from 51.9 to 46 mph but much better planing and ability to stay on plane at lower speeds when fully loaded (with 4 fatboy divers and kit ) ...... Rover is right on the button
I have found that it seems to perform better in heavier seas with the 4 blade and lifts the stern more giving an overall higher our of the water attitude ? .......... or it could just be my imagination
Jeff
Old 05 May 2006, 10:59   #5

Town: S.Devon
Boat name: Boatafogo
Engine: Outboard
Four blade basically gives you better acceleration and will generally keep you on the plane at lower speeds. However you will almost certainly loose a bit of top end speed, although most of the time it is only about a knot or 2.
The gains generally out way the speed you loose, but if it is all up seed you want then stick to 3.
Old 05 May 2006, 12:35   #6

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
lose
Old 05 May 2006, 21:05   #7

Town: Chesapeake Bay
Boat name: Pro Open 6.5
Make: Zodiac Pro Open 6.5
Engine: Yamamha F115
Zodiac 650 electrical plug

Soupy:

The electrical plug behind the rear set is for the aft running light. It should have a rubber boot over it and two electical contacts inside. The boat comes with a white running light mounted on about a 4 foot alum pole that plugs in at that location. It is activated by the same switch that turns on the forward (red/green) running lights mounted on the bow. You might look in the locker under your center console to see if the previous owner left it there. Thats where I keep mine. Thanks for your input mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupy
Hi Fred. Using a 3 blade stainless steel on an Evinrude Ficht 150. Great acceleration and control. Does about 40knots flat out but cruises nicely at 25-30 with much better economy.
By the way, did not get a handbook with boat when I bought secondhand. Could you tell me what the electrical plug behind the rear starboard passenger seat is for (looks like a small rod holder but contains electric plug in capacity) and is just above battery compartment. Thought it may be for charging up from a charger but wires do not seem thick enough. Have a cigarette type plug in on console which is totally different. Thanks.
Old 06 May 2006, 07:35   #8

Town: S.Devon
Boat name: Boatafogo
Engine: Outboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
lose
Thanks
Old 06 May 2006, 14:03   #9

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
It is NOT just you - I see it everywhere - in magazines - on the BBC website etc etc - I blame spell checkers - they don't pick up stuff like this!!!