Old 18 October 2022, 07:51   #21

Town: north ayrshire
Boat name: charlie girl
Make: S/R5.4/regal3760
Length: 10m +
Engine: Suzukidf70 2x6lp 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwell boy View Post
Ha Ha ,yes i had seen that ,and i have a 6 metre empty trailer in the back garden as well !! Just the usual turn offs ,antifoul ,commercial ,every man and his dog has taken it out i suspect on a weekend hire fleet ,but i think its 2019 as well ,wonder if its plus vat . still very nice imo
I'd have the Suzuki powered boat anyday over the evinrude, ok it will be slower but I'd rather polish off antifoul than fit over 3k worth of injectors. Parts availability (if you believe it) to 2030 isnt long in boat life terms imho.

Sent from my SM-G950F using RIB Net mobile app
Old 18 October 2022, 08:50   #22

Town: Cardiff
Length: no boat
Quote:
Interesting info from all ,thankyou ,
bit more inf ......engine is 2017 ...........i believe it to be the Ho model which is 2.7 litre v6 ,(there is also a 150hp unit which is 1.9l), current hours is 330 and my usual is only 50 to 100 per year ... i understand there was a period between Dec 2016 and March 31st 2017 (which is unknown to me at present ) that 150 ho qualified for a 10 year warranty

If it has the warranty and there is a local agent to do any work seems like a good deal. Otherwise negotiate hard and assume a re power in near the future

Hours are pretty low currently and would still be well under 1000 in 5 years time

Old 19 October 2022, 19:31   #23

Town: suffolk
Boat name: not yet
Make: Gemini
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamishken View Post
I'd have the Suzuki powered boat anyday over the evinrude, ok it will be slower but I'd rather polish off antifoul than fit over 3k worth of injectors. Parts availability (if you believe it) to 2030 isnt long in boat life terms imho.

I would tend to agree with you all the way normally ,however "pipe and slippers" versus a" bit of fun " springs to mind
I have pollished antifoul off a 6m campion sports boat which had been ruffed up with 80 grit disc on a angle grinder before and tbh wouldnt look forward to having another go ,but maybe not all the dealers do so much prepararation
Old 20 October 2022, 12:15   #24

Quote:
I would tend to agree with you all the way normally ,however "pipe and slippers" versus a" bit of fun " springs to mind
I have pollished antifoul off a 6m campion sports boat which had been ruffed up with 80 grit disc on a angle grinder before and tbh wouldnt look forward to having another go ,but maybe not all the dealers do so much prepararation
Yeh I know what you mean the etec sounds the part which makes it feel faster & more boy racer than the suzuki, rumour has it the Suzuki is likely giving away almost 20hp. In its defence I'd far rather work on the Suzuki than the etec.
I must have been lucky with the few boats I've stripped the antifoul off they looked like they only had a mild brush with a well used scotchbright & the a/f more or less washed off with a gallon of cellulose thinners. Depends who applied it in the firstplace I guess

Old 31 December 2022, 14:18   #25

Town: suffolk
Boat name: not yet
Make: Gemini
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 140
Thanks everybody who shared help with this one
very happy with outcome so far ,afraid i just wasnt brave enough for the "bit of fun " and ended up with the "pipe and slippers " ,just the antifoul to clean off now !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20221221-WA0003 (2).jpg
Views:	89
Size:	199.1 KB
ID:	141974  
Old 31 December 2022, 14:22   #26

Town: Billericay
Make: SR 5.4
Engine: Evenrude E-tec 90
Nice job, I did see the video of you using it in action 2 days ago
Old 01 January 2023, 11:49   #27

Quote:
Thanks everybody who shared help with this one

very happy with outcome so far ,afraid i just wasnt brave enough for the "bit of fun " and ended up with the "pipe and slippers " ,just the antifoul to clean off now !
Probably the best option imho & I doubt it will realy feel pipe & slippers tbh. [emoji106]

Tags
evinrude