Old 31 May 2006, 14:35   #1

Town: Co Clare
Length: 4m +
Aux on Searider 4m

Hi All

Do you think I could squeeze a Evinrude 4hp 2st on a bracket on a SR4 with a Mariner 60hp . Offered one at a good price but want to make sure it will fit first . Would I have too much weight at the back with both of them ?

Thanks
Old 31 May 2006, 17:26   #2
RIBnet admin team

Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: Dominator
Make: SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yam 85
MMSI: 235055163
RIBase
Erm...depends. What mariner 60 is it? My evinrude 4 won't fit with a 93 mariner 50 but used to fit with my old blueband. The steering gets in the way.

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2006, 18:53   #3

Town: NW& wherever the boat is!
Boat name: depends on m'mood!
Make: Humbers/15-24m cats
Length: 6m +
Engine: etec130/big volvos
MMSI: many and various
We used to get a little 5 hp (evenrude I think-its still in the garage tucked away behind a boat) on the back of our 4m alongside the 50hp Yamaha without any real problem and without any bracket, just sat on the transome and scratched the cowling of the main engine when it felt like it ! The A frame was built spec for the boat and the previous owner by his friend in the s/s business (now there was a friend to have !)and took up no transom space at all. We did try it on a spring ebb (10m tide here ) once and had an onboard discussion as to whether we were actually moving and if so in which direction!
Old 01 June 2006, 07:54   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos4r2
Erm...depends. What mariner 60 is it? My evinrude 4 won't fit with a 93 mariner 50 but used to fit with my old blueband. The steering gets in the way.
Its a 96 Mariner 2 stroke . I don't think it will fit straight on to the transom as the thickness of the transom increases as it get closer to the tubes and it would be very hard to clamp it on securely . An outboard bracket maybe the best option .
Old 01 June 2006, 08:00   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavelength
We used to get a little 5 hp (evenrude I think-its still in the garage tucked away behind a boat) on the back of our 4m alongside the 50hp Yamaha without any real problem and without any bracket, just sat on the transome and scratched the cowling of the main engine when it felt like it ! The A frame was built spec for the boat and the previous owner by his friend in the s/s business (now there was a friend to have !)and took up no transom space at all. We did try it on a spring ebb (10m tide here ) once and had an onboard discussion as to whether we were actually moving and if so in which direction!
Hi

I only intend to use it out on the lakes if needed as I am usually on my own. If I am offshore I usually am in the company of other boats so a good rope should do for back up .

Was the 5hp enough to empty out the flooding hull ?.

Thanks

Thanks
Old 02 June 2006, 05:27   #6
RIBnet supporter

Town: Rutland
Length: no boat
I’ve got the same problem but look at the angled bracket picture sent to me as a possible solution I’m going to make something similar later to try it, I will post a picture of the results

http://www.rib.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14601

posted it in the wrong place but I was v tired
Old 05 June 2006, 07:06   #7
RIBnet supporter

Town: Rutland
Length: no boat
Well I got it to fit and no problems with the steering on the 50 with the 5 up or down limited steering on the five. I drilled the aux bracket and put pins in to lock it into position and fitted two rings onto the “A” frame so I can also tie the aux top and bottom also had to fit some braces from the “A” frame into the hull.
Down side it lot of weight on the transom so it takes longer to get on the plane and the aux needs to go up by a 100 mm as the prop just catches the water, so I’m now looking to keep the bracket and move the aux inboard to the bow
First time out since the referb was completed great weekend
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	aux-1.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	19846   Click image for larger version

Name:	aux-2.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	19847