Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Length: 5m +
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSS View Post
Suzuki don't make a DF25 with PTT.

Suzuki Outboard DF 25 Parts Listings

Scroll down to fig 33/34 (any year) Next problem: finding one........

A very quick look and it seems to be shared with the 30, and might be swappable with the one off the 40 (both logged as "type T", but the pics show an ovbviously different assembly. Wheter it has the same fitting dimensions or shared swivel bracket or not I haven't had a chance to look at, but f you can spend a couple of hours on the site with a pencil & paper to hand,

- find your engine, dive into fig 33. Also check figs 30 & 31. Note dowen the part numbers of the clamp, swivel, and any other major bits of hardware.

then do the same at either end of the year scale (so if your engine is a 2005, check 1999 & 2010) this will give you a feel for how changed the PT unit was through the life of the engine. If either are radically different, work back 'til lthey become similar. Use that as a guide for the next bit.

look at other sizes & different years of engine. Compare the parts. The fact the 40 has a different ram pay moore attention to the Clamp & swivel - that will give you a feel for the similarity.

The different pic may be down to one of two reasons: 1) it's a totally different size or 2) they had two suppliers or factories, one building the 25/30 , the other the 40/50.

There is one thing that is reasonably constant - leg lengths - net result is there's only so much you can do with a PT ram in that space.....

Unless a Suzi guru appears before you read this and can give chapter & verse on it.
Old 11 May 2012, 19:53   #22
NSS

Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9D280 View Post

Suzuki Outboard DF 25 Parts Listings

Scroll down to fig 33/34 (any year) Next problem: finding one........

A very quick look and it seems to be shared with the 30, and might be swappable with the one off the 40 (both logged as "type T", but the pics show an ovbviously different assembly. Wheter it has the same fitting dimensions or shared swivel bracket or not I haven't had a chance to look at, but f you can spend a couple of hours on the site with a pencil & paper to hand,

- find your engine, dive into fig 33. Also check figs 30 & 31. Note dowen the part numbers of the clamp, swivel, and any other major bits of hardware.

then do the same at either end of the year scale (so if your engine is a 2005, check 1999 & 2010) this will give you a feel for how changed the PT unit was through the life of the engine. If either are radically different, work back 'til lthey become similar. Use that as a guide for the next bit.

look at other sizes & different years of engine. Compare the parts. The fact the 40 has a different ram pay moore attention to the Clamp & swivel - that will give you a feel for the similarity.

The different pic may be down to one of two reasons: 1) it's a totally different size or 2) they had two suppliers or factories, one building the 25/30 , the other the 40/50.

There is one thing that is reasonably constant - leg lengths - net result is there's only so much you can do with a PT ram in that space.....

Unless a Suzi guru appears before you read this and can give chapter & verse on it.
Unless I'm mistaken, it's not that simple. The DF25 I have is the new (2010 onward) V-twin model. There is no 30hp version and, having trawled through the Brownspoint lists, the bracket appears to be unique to this model.

Looks like I'm stuck with having to compromise on the tilt position, but thanks for your advice (the Brownspoit site is certainly one I'll bookmark for future reference).

Cheers!
Old 11 May 2012, 20:09   #23

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
Quote:
am I barking
I'd say so
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2012, 20:41   #24
NSS

Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Dave View Post
I'd say so
Coming from someone who calls themself Pikey Dave, I'll take that as a compliment :-)
Old 12 May 2012, 05:38   #25

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
Quote:
Coming from someone who calls themself Pikey Dave, I'll take that as a compliment :-)
You're welcome
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote