Old 18 June 2012, 21:56   #61

Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1978SeaRider View Post
... the sooner the boat is sold the better.
How much?
Old 19 June 2012, 00:37   #62

Town: Fareham
Length: 6m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downhilldai View Post
Is the warranty transferrable?
they are though BRP but don't know about LPB special warranties.

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2012, 13:52   #63

Town: Anglesey
Boat name: Trixie
Make: Scorpion 8.5m
Length: 8m +
Engine: 300hp Suzuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downhilldai View Post
How much?
The price I paid plus the cost of the next repair. I can let you know once its done

Still not heard from the dealer its with - Not LPB - It's been with them over a week now so hopefully some news soon... keep them crossed its not the ECU
Old 19 June 2012, 21:23   #64

Town: Gloucestershire
Boat name: Osprey
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Engine: E-tec 300 G2
MMSI: TBC
Quote:
The price I paid plus the cost of the next repair. I can let you know once its done

Still not heard from the dealer its with - Not LPB - It's been with them over a week now so hopefully some news soon... keep them crossed its not the ECU
Which dealer is it with?

Also if you are not using Liverpool powerboats to do the work then perhaps that is why they are not rushing to help?

Born fiddler
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2012, 21:54   #65

The boats in anglesey with Dulas Marine, it's not feasible to tow it back every time it breaks, to tow it back to test, and bring back again. It would of been from anglesey to Liverpool 5 times by now.

LPB sold the engine, not Dulas, it should all be on the BRP system, but it's not.
Old 19 June 2012, 22:20   #66

Town: Chorley / Holyhead
Boat name: Northwind Challenger
Make: Tornado
Engine: Mariner 115 efi CT
MMSI: 235080598
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Festinghouse
im sorry youre having such a crap time of it, hope you get sorted sooner rather than later
Old 19 June 2012, 22:36   #67

Quote:
The boats in anglesey with Dulas Marine, it's not feasible to tow it back every time it breaks, to tow it back to test, and bring back again. It would of been from anglesey to Liverpool 5 times by now.

LPB sold the engine, not Dulas, it should all be on the BRP system, but it's not.
Depends, Liverpool powerboats have a good reputation and if they are as good as they are supposed to be you might not have had it back to the dealer so many times...

I had to tow my E-tec 80 miles to get it to a good dealer but I'd rather do that than risk a poor one.

Either way I hope it gets resolved for you soon...

Born fiddler
Old 20 June 2012, 04:09   #68

Town: hampshire
Length: 7m +
when did they change from a 3 year warrantee to 5 year? Are etecs that bad or is this really a one off? It's starting to put me off buying one if the warrantee doesn't appear to be worth anything.
Old 20 June 2012, 06:28   #69

They have been 5 years as standard for about 18 months. However they used to offer 5 years occasionally as a promotional thing a while back.

Born fiddler
Old 20 June 2012, 06:39   #70

Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris

Depends, Liverpool powerboats have a good reputation and if they are as good as they are supposed to be you might not have had it back to the dealer so many times...

I had to tow my E-tec 80 miles to get it to a good dealer but I'd rather do that than risk a poor one.

Either way I hope it gets resolved for you soon...
I've only heard good things re Dulas to be fair.
Old 20 June 2012, 08:01   #71

Town: Sussex
Make: RIBTEC 655
Engine: Yam 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellhouse View Post
It's starting to put me off buying one if the warrantee doesn't appear to be worth anything.
The warrantee is only there to sell the engine, if you ever need to use it the manufacturer will find any way they can to void it, not just Evenrude but Merc and Yamaha too. I may be being a bit sinister but not had great experiences with the cover Mercury offer and had some long conversations with an engineer about Yamaha.
Old 20 June 2012, 08:04   #72

Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL View Post
I've only heard good things re Dulas to be fair.
Really?
Old 20 June 2012, 09:23   #73

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
The warrantee is only there to sell the engine, if you ever need to use it the manufacturer will find any way they can to void it, not just Evenrude but Merc and Yamaha too. I may be being a bit sinister but not had great experiences with the cover Mercury offer and had some long conversations with an engineer about Yamaha.
I had the 3 year warranty on my engines & had to claim for one or 2 bits & pieces & had no problem whatsoever. It's all down to the dealer, the dealer is your agent & makes the warranty claim on your behalf to BRP, I must have a good dealer. BRP also have a customer service dept, that you can ring if you are having problems with either the engine or dealer. They will step in to help, sending out a field technician if necessary. Make some noise, stamp your feet, spit & snarl a bit. You have been reasonable, now is the time to kick off.
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2012, 10:34   #74

Town: Sussex
Make: RIBTEC 655
Engine: Yam 150
I guess I'm being a bit grumpy, my problem is I didn't buy new, one 2008 and the other 2010 so I don't have a dealer to shout at - on the other hand I've only had to fork out the odd couple of hundred quid so it's not the end of the world.

Sorry for mis spelling warranty, I'm not that well educated and my Mac automatically corrects to what it thinks it should be, bit like an iPhone.
Old 20 June 2012, 11:43   #75

I'm going away for a week as of tonight... hopefully when I get back the boat will be fixed.

I've given up any hope of getting the work already done or future work done through warranty.

In my humble opinion the previous owner / original buyer has been shafted and has then inadvertently shafted me. I spoke to LPB during the negotiation on purchase, I was assured that the warranty was transferable. This was a HUGE deciding factor when buying the boat - "a year's worry free engine ownership".

If the proper paperwork had been completed by LPB and BRP at the time of purchase then this would never of happened. I should of been able to walk into any authorised dealer and had the work done without an issue, especially as both faults are "common" - I use that term loosely, but they are not "one off's".

Personally, if I'd just brought a brand new engine of would of made sure all the i's were dotted and the t's were crossed, but unfortunately some people trust dealers and large companies, but I hold no malice.

I'll look forward to a bill that dwarfs the cost of my holiday on return from my holiday.

Thanks for the help / advice etc. I'll pick this up when I get back.
Old 20 June 2012, 12:21   #76

Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Quote:
I spoke to LPB during the negotiation on purchase, I was assured that the warranty was transferable. This was a HUGE deciding factor when buying the boat - "a year's worry free engine ownership".
This is the biggest consideration in my opinion, if LPB assured you it was OK then it's up to them to sort it out?
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2012, 12:26   #77

Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Quote:
In my humble opinion the previous owner / original buyer has been shafted and has then inadvertently shafted me.
No one has been "shafted" by anyone and you may need to consider what you're posting on the www.

This situation also directly impacts upon me, as mine and your 250 came out of LPB as a pair.
I had a lengthy phone conversation Ian at LPB yesterday, Ian explained the situation to my satisfaction.

There has been an admin issue with BRP, due largely to a major re-structuring at the beginning of 2012. The 'issue' will be resolved shortly.
Old 20 June 2012, 13:12   #78

Town: Ashton-under-Lyne Lancs
Boat name: IMOGEN
Make: Air-Craft 5.4
Engine: Suzuki df70a
MMSI: 235087492
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to kerny
I think if you would have left your rib at LPB Ian would have sorted it out for you in the end, even if the wheels were turning slowly. I know you would have been without your boat, but you are without it now with it being at Dallas. Ian is a great bloke and I'm sure that he would resolve any problem regarding his business. I hope it all works out for you in the end mate.
Old 20 June 2012, 13:43   #79

Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerny View Post
I think if you would have left your rib at LPB Ian would have sorted it out for you in the end, even if the wheels were turning slowly. I know you would have been without your boat, but you are without it now with it being at Dallas.
That must be even further than Liverpool?
Old 20 June 2012, 13:43   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollers View Post
No one has been "shafted" by anyone and you may need to consider what you're posting on the www

This situation also directly impacts upon me, as mine and your 250 came out of LPB as a pair.
I had a lengthy phone conversation Ian at LPB yesterday, Ian explained the situation to my satisfaction.

There has been an admin issue with BRP, due largely to a major re-structuring at the beginning of 2012. The 'issue' will be resolved shortly.
Mollers, I'm not blaming Ian or insulting him in the slightest or LPB on the www. By all accounts he is a great guy and the companies great. You may also note - at no point did I say it was LPB until someone, namely you, announced it. - I'm not into bad mouthing companies on line as they have no "right to reply"... owning a company myself I see implications.

But I have been trying to resolve this since the first week of January and so far its cost me quite a few quid and a lot of missed boat hours. Hence I feel "shafted". Bottom line if all the paperwork had been completed by whoever should of done it at either side, I wouldn't be in this position. I don't think I'm being unnecessarily harsh there, do you ?

And as much as in hindsight, I maybe would of took to LPB in the first place, it went to Dulas once for a service (I'm not towing a boat 200+ miles (round trip) for a service) then it went in for an injector (I'm not towing a boat 200 miles to change an injector that I sourced from London)...... bottom line is the dealer in Anglesey is 20mins away, when you tow a boat in for a fault you hope its "simple" and quickly fixed, you don't drag it 200miles in case its a plug breaking down etc. I have never dealt with LPB before, there are 2 more dealers more local, and again, ANY Evinrude dealer should of been able to aces the system and find my warranty info, fact