Old 19 May 2019, 08:55   #1

Town: devon
Length: 6m +
Advice on prop for YAMAHA 115

Hi,

Have just ordered a Yamaha 115 for our new to us Ribeye A600 and have been asked which pitch peop we would like; what are people running on a similar setup?
Old 19 May 2019, 09:55   #2

Town: Dalmeny
Make: zodiac
Length: 5m +
Engine: outboard
What prop is currently on it and what's the max rpm at full throttle with that prop ? If it doesn't have a prop I would use the size Yamaha recommend for that gearbox with a 17-18pitch ( starting point ) .
Old 19 May 2019, 18:58   #3

Town: devon
Thanks Jon. No prop presently; new engine arriving next week, have been asked what pitch I would like.
I shall have a look at the Yamaha website.
Old 19 May 2019, 21:16   #4

Town: north ayrshire
Boat name: charlie girl
Make: S/R5.4/regal3760
Length: 10m +
Engine: Suzukidf70 2x6lp 315
Most dealers will loan you a prop to get a starting point from before they supply the correct one. Presumably the engine comes with a prop of your choice of pitch best idea is beg or borrow one to try find your rpm etc and work from there
Its difficult to prop from a chart as all boats are different real world numbers are far more accurate.
Alternatively you could ask ribeye what they supply if fitting the same engine
Old 19 May 2019, 21:19   #5

Town: suffolk
Boat name: not yet
Make: Gemini
Engine: Suzuki 140
I am running 2010 yam 115 on a nautica 19 ft (about 580 ) heavy boat 950 kgs i think ; i will have a look at dia and pitch in the next couple of days as i have to take prop off to see details ,i have a hunch i asked for help upgrading on this site and i think from memory i was running wot 5800 and 36 knotts i think but will have a search about for the info
Old 19 May 2019, 21:28   #6

Town: suffolk
Boat name: not yet
Make: Gemini
Engine: Suzuki 140
sorry found the post with accurate numbers but link didnt work so going to bumpthe post as it may be useful
Old 30 May 2019, 23:33   #7

Town: Cork
Boat name: Cúr na dDonnta
Make: Excalibur + Zapcat
Engine: Merc120TDI,Tohatsu50
A friend runs an Avon 620 with an F115. Goes well with a 17” Stainless prop. I had a Humber Destroyer 6.0 m , same engine with a 19” prop. Very fast but it was narrower with a lot less seating. I’d venture the 620 would be quite similar to your boat so get a loan of a 17” as a start point and try before you buy. Better underpropped than over propped.
Old 31 May 2019, 03:26   #8

Town: Fresno
Boat name: Diablo Rojo
Make: Zodiac Pro II 550
Engine: 90hp Yamaha
Here is a website that should help you select the right prop.

Yamaha.net
Old 05 June 2019, 23:47   #9

Town: Whakatane
Boat name: Jojosrib
Make: Brig
Engine: Yamaha f 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommac View Post
Hi,

Have just ordered a Yamaha 115 for our new to us Ribeye A600 and have been asked which pitch peop we would like; what are people running on a similar setup?
I m running a 17 pitch 3 blade k series on a f130 (same block as a 115). This on a 610 brig navigator and is geared for all round performance. I think I d start with that on your set up.
Old 06 June 2019, 12:42   #10

Yamaha US have a performance report on a 550 pro running a 115, going by this a 16 pitch might get be closer or even a 15. Depending on the total weight your own boat will end up this report should help get you close https://yamahaoutboards.com/en-us/ho...-18-2018-1_inf

Personaly I have two props for different payloads, small pitch when carrying extra dive gear, fuel, water etc on extended long range trips.

My earlier quote was for aluminium prop, the same size in stainless will often reduce rpm by 200.
Old 06 June 2019, 15:08   #11

Town: Lima-Peru
Boat name: Nautile
Make: Sea Rider 450 Rib
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 5/18/30 HP
Prop it Right.-

Test any of the mentioned props as a starter one and after motor's break in period has ended go for a wot test run on flat calm water cond and check achieved max rpm as will be usually loaded. Ideal would be to prop the motor right to run towards max wot rpm range if wanting faster hole shot or around middle range if wanting slight more top end speed. If counting with a fixed load, say a family oriented combo, it' smuch faster to dial the perfect prop for your boating needs.

Happy Boating
Old 27 August 2023, 05:35   #12

Old post now, what was the conclusion in the end.

For the record, I have the latest version Yam f115 on a 4.3m centre which is propped with a stainless solas 13 3/8 x 17 which hits the sweet spot of 6000rpm when Im solo and 5800rpm with a couple of friends and full tank of fuel. My boat is a heavy centre console for what it is, with dual batteries and electric anchor winch etc. The prop has had some added cupping which gives me a top speed of 40kts-72kh.

Obviously this isn't our rib but another boat we use for further offshore long range trips where we stay for several weeks in remote locations where the rib is to delicate around sharks, crocodiles and shallow coral reefs etc.

Tags
yamaha