Old 26 June 2018, 15:27   #1

Town: Twyford, Hampshire
Boat name: Bunty
Make: Ribeye
Length: 6m +
Engine: Outboard
Ribeye A600 - what height in water ???

Hi. I have an older model Ribeye A600 which I love, but I feel that she sits too low in the water. This was confirmed when we moored up next to a very similar Ribeye the other day which sat much higher in the water - both boats were empty of passengers and had the same outboard. I have emptied the bilges (obviously) and it hasn't rained for 3 weeks. Does anyone know at what height a rib like this should sit in the water when empty? Thanks.
Old 26 June 2018, 16:25   #2

Length: 7m +
One key word in your post 'similar' ... if boat isnt the same model with same design hull, same amount of water or fuel aboard and other kit etc etc etc then likely not to sit the same. Or it could be a slightly different tube design where the tubes sit slightly higher or maybe your tubes need inflating.

some ribs do sit lower than others by design, you may not have an issue at all, send some pics in, usually if something isnt right then it wont look right.

Normally majority of ribs sit with just the rear quarter maybe touching the water, scorpions defo sit higher than say cobras but again it may just be the tube postioning.

perhaps have a look round various marinas to see if you can spot an identical rib to yours.
Old 26 June 2018, 16:27   #3

Town: north ayrshire
Boat name: charlie girl
Make: S/R5.4/regal3760
Length: 10m +
Engine: Suzukidf70 2x6lp 315
Probably a more accurate measure of weight would be to put the empty boat on a weighbridge and check its weight against build spec weight which I would imagine should be available from ribeye.
Manufacturers often change build spec and layup methods over the years and this could account for the variation in two apparently similar vessels.

Tags
rib