Old 22 May 2011, 14:18   #1

Town: Cornwall
Length: no boat
Iphone App

On my 'home' screen (where you have the icons for your apps) my Ribnet app has a white figure 1 in a red circle displayed in the top right corner, it's identical to the ones you get on the itunes app logo if you have updates to download, I haven't got any updates outstanding and it only appears on the logo when I'm logged in, if I log out it goes, suggests I've got a pm unread or reply to a thread or something similar but I can't find what, anyone know?
Old 22 May 2011, 14:22   #2

Town: Sheepy Parva
Boat name: Sadly Sold
[/B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernow View Post
On my 'home' screen (where you have the icons for your apps) my Ribnet app has a white figure 1 in a red circle displayed in the top right corner, it's identical to the ones you get on the itunes app logo if you have updates to download, I haven't got any updates outstanding and it only appears on the logo when I'm logged in, if I log out it goes, suggests I've got a pm unread or reply to a thread or something similar but I can't find what, anyone know?
It's telling you that on a thread you've posted to that there's a new post that you haven't read

Go to 'Current' from the soft keys at the bottom of the screen, then click on the 'Participated' tab at the top and the new post will be shown in bold type.
Old 22 May 2011, 15:14   #3

Town: Cornwall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leapy View Post
[/B]

It's telling you that on a thread you've posted to that there's a new post that you haven't read

Go to 'Current' from the soft keys at the bottom of the screen, then click on the 'Participated' tab at the top and the new post will be shown in bold type.
Hey thanks Leapy, done that, found the bold text, read the thread but the 1 is still there, read all 'participated' threads back to February, still there!
Old 22 May 2011, 15:36   #4

Town: Sheepy Parva
Boat name: Sadly Sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernow View Post
Hey thanks Leapy, done that, found the bold text, read the thread but the 1 is still there, read all 'participated' threads back to February, still there!
Ah, but you're in Cornwall...it takes the RIBnet carrier pigeon a while to get there!

It should update...soon...eventually...possibly...
Old 22 May 2011, 16:08   #5
RIBnet supporter

Town: Dinard, Brittany
Boat name: Into the Red
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude E-tec 250HO
MMSI: 235 076 114
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leapy View Post
Ah, but you're in Cornwall...it takes the RIBnet carrier pigeon a while to get there!

It should update...soon...eventually...possibly...
I gave up using the app mainly due to that reason. If you have instant emails turned on then simply going straight to the link that comes in the email is a far better system and offers you the full functionality of the site. The email also has a copy of the post so you can read it without going on to the site if you want.