Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > Commercial operators
Click Here to Login

Old 05 December 2019, 02:32   #1

Town: Sechelt
Length: no boat
Zodiac hurricane 733 OB seating configuration for tours

Hi all, I'm a newbie here so apologies if this isn't the right place to post my question!

I'm considering starting a tour company on the west coast of Canada in some sheltered inlets and I've sourced an H733 OB but is currently configured for coast guard with 3 jockey seats.

My question is how I can best configure the seating to accomodate a max of 12 passengers + captain. I would prefer that the seats lift so there is some storage for bags but am unable to find any diagrams of the interior hull of the H733 to figure out a layout.

My initial thoughts are a standing console at the back with either bench seating or 2 rows of jockeys up the hull.

Any advise, examples, information, experience is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Old 05 December 2019, 07:48   #2

Town: Waterlooville
Boat name: Tickler
Make: Halmatic P22
Length: 6m +
Engine: Inboard Diesel 240HP
MMSI: 235115642
RIBase
If I were you I'd start by Googling rib rides to see what sort of boats are out there.

The picture shows a UK based rib ride for 12 passengers but the boat is 10.4m long so I think 12 people on a 733 (which I'm assuming is the length) is optimistic.

If you've already got the boat, then I'd find some typical seats and plan the space. This will give you the revenue you may get which will form part of your business case.

Whilst I applaud your desire to do it, I think it must be quite difficult to make the figures stack up, particularly when you've got fewer seats, unless you can charge a premium.

Have you spoken to your local coastguard about their requirements?

Sorry for being slightly negative.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Humber 10_4.JPG
Views:	161
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	131666  
Old 05 December 2019, 16:12   #3

Town: Sechelt
Length: no boat
GuyC, Thanks for the reply.

Yes I have done my homework both regarding the regulations through Transport Canada and I've looked at other options.

The reason for my post is specifically those that have experience with different seating configurations for the Zodiac Hurricane 733 OB. There are a lot of different RIB styles available in Europe but not so many in North America on the used market. I have sourced a H733 and am looking at options prior to making a final decision regarding the boat.

Cheers!

Tags
zodiac