Old 08 March 2014, 08:53   #1

Town: Portland, Dorset
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 6m +
Decent Kill Cords

Hi there,

Apologies if this is in the wrong section but hoping someone can help. I've just started working for a chandlers and we only seem to stock the nasty, plastic-only kill cords, so I need to get hold of a quantity of the decent ones with the cord/wire in the centre. Does anyone know of a distributor of these, or do we have to go direct to each outboard manufacturer ? We use Aquafax for most things but they only seem to do the plastic ones.

I have asked the boss for trade membership so hopefully more details on that to follow, but as this is quite an important safety thing I wanted to make a start on it as soon as possible!

Thanks
Sharon
Old 10 March 2014, 23:50   #2

Length: 4m +
I know Force 4 chandlers sell, or sold, replacement kill cords that weren't original manufacturers parts that had the white cord running through them which a lot of cheaper ones don't. Theirs had multiple connectors on the end for different engine manufacturers. Not sure who made them or if they still sell them. I guess a look on their website will tell you. Sent from my iPhone using Rib.net