Ribcraft 6.8 built 2001 with 2001 Optimax 225 2-stroke
Touring console and 4 pod seats - 2 fixed 2 removable, all with wing backs
3 forward deck lockers
5 section standard ribcraft tubes with rubbing strake and cleats - all in good condition. Pressure relief valves.
Engine is a late 2001 model with both the old and new style communications bus fitted. Currently on the old (wiring into key) style. Has been confirmed with Dave Crawford Marine that it will take the newer CAN-BUS style connections and I planned to upgrade to this if I kept the boat.
Twin batteries and changeover switch (New batteries and boxes 04/2017)
Smartcraft gauges and separate fuel gauge
Lowrance Link-5 VHF (new 04/2017)
Lowrance Plotter and totalscan transducer (new 04/2017)
A-frame with 2 x VHF antenna (new 04/2017, one not used currently)
LED NAV lights (new 04/2017)
Low level red deck lights
Rule bilge pump with float switch (new 04/2017)
Twin drain trunks
Custom stainless cover plate for aft sump (new 04/2017)
Mooring lines, anchor, chain, warp, painter (new 04/2017)
12v charging and USB socket in console
Speakers for previous sound system still installed but never tested.
Currently has a plastimo tube type radar reflector fitted for what they are worth!
Original owner in Cornwall ran the boat for around 160 hours. Bought by me April 2017 from JBT. Now at around 190 engine hours.
Engine has had around £3,000 of work done this year to replace the original copper cooling fittings with the new standard plastic fittings, as well as a complete VST clean and other preventative work.
Console has been re-wired using tinned wire and bonded connectors throughout. Battery boxes have been fully fixed down after I took delivery and all hatches and seals have been recently serviced, cleaned and tested.
Twin Axle galvanised roller trailer
Rod brakes (new 04/2017)
Hub flush (new 04/2017)
Numerous new stainless fittings 04/2017
non-sealed (grease nipple) hubs
Additional reflectors, grip tape, etc
1) One of the smartcraft gauges has a cracked screen.
2) Console needs some fairing to areas where I have filled previous equipment holes - currently Epoxy and gelcoat but needs a top coats and sanding flush - all watertight and perfectly usable. One large hole is currently covered with a ply/epoxy blanking plate which was pending another plotter fit.
3) Needs a decent radar reflector properly mounting
4) Few of the usual nicks in the hull gelcoat from this season need a bit of filling
5) Trailer winch is rusted - needs a good wire brush and clean up - works perfectly.
Paid £19,995 from JBT in 2017 wih no plotter/sounder so offers in that region would be considered. No great rush to sell but ideally not wanting to keep her over the winter.
Currently lying Gosport. I'll get some photos online soon.
for more info.
Video from when she was listed with JBT: