Click Here to Login

Old 09 September 2021, 11:06   #1

Town: Hinckley
Boat name: Lateral Flow
Make: Excel Virago 420
Length: 4m +
Engine: Outboard 50hp
2020 Excel Volante SD360 3.65m SIB with SeaMax Launching Wheels

For Sale my Excel Volante SD360 3.65m Soft Inflatable Boat with SeaMax Launching Wheels

£1,000 o.n.o.
Location is East Midlands, LE10 2HF

This is a tried and tested boat with inflatable 'air-deck', that receives very positive reviews from users of this forum. It was purchased 1yr ago from Excel, carefully maintained/kept clean and in great condition throughout. Now selling as I have upgraded to a larger boat!

Read more about the specification here:
https://www.excel-inflatables.co.uk/...boat-sd360.php

Included with the sale:
  • Volante SD360 inc. air deck floor & keel boards* (read note below)
  • 2 Thwarts/Seats
  • Original Hand/Stirrup-type Pump
  • Oars/Paddles
  • SeaMax Launching Wheels
  • Carry bag for the boat (modified with additional straps/reinforcement, but slightly scuffed)
  • Carry bag for the floor & seats (actually a keyboard bag from ebay, but perfect for this purpose!) - This bag will also fit inside the main bag, but provides the option of reducing the weight for moving around.
  • Repair Kit** (read note below)
(Outboard is NOT INCLUDED!)

A couple of notes on the condition:

*The forward keel board has been returned to the manufacturer for replacement under warranty. Terry Wright from Excel has assured me that he will provide either myself or the new owner a new item within a short turnaround period (but probably after the Southampton Boat Show).
**NO LEAKS OR PUNCTURES - There are 3 areas where the Hytex/PVC has been scuffed, ranging from less than a 5p coin down to a couple of mm (see pic which is the worst one). One is where there is a double thickness of fabric on the tube and there is minor abrasion to the outer layer only. 2 occur on the (non-pressurised) underside surface of the boat, which do not impact the air in the tubes, but ideally need small patches. AGAIN, NONE OF THESE COMPROMISE THE BOAT'S ABILTY TO HOLD AIR. I can either use the included repair kit to undertake this patching, or provide to the new owner for them to do (some people prefer to do these things themselves ).

The Launching Wheels - the Deluxe Boat Launching Dolly made by SeaMax Marine in Canada - are an upgrade from the usual choice. These have 4 Position and 4 Stage Removable and Adjustable Legs, along with 14" Pneumatic Wheels, and have a load capacity of 600lbs. They were expensive but are really good. I selected these as I was using the max rated 20hp outboard for this boat which was pretty heavy at 47kg, yet these wheels are solid as a rock and enabled me to transport a full boat of kit no problem. Furthermore, the extendable length means they can be set lower than the engine/skeg, and this is great for beach landings to avoid grounding the prop, plus means the engine can be fully trimmed down on land for flushing, maintenance etc.. This length also means brackets are also set at a higher position on the transom relative to the water line, yet they can also be retracted to make smaller for transport/storage. I fitted them extremely carefully with a thin gasket to ensure they sit flush and fully sealed with marine grade silicone. I also incorporated a lifting eye type nut on each side which provide useful tie-downs/davit points on the inside of the transom. Always washed after use and lubricated with waterproof grease and WD40. The full details of the wheels are in the link below:
https://www.seamaxmarine.com/collect...ustable-legs-1

The overall package would cost ~£1,350 new (if you can secure stock). I have a fairly respectable part-ex option on the table, so looking for offers around £1,000.

I have made a wooden trestle for this, pretty sturdy, and anyone collecting the boat can also have this if they want it.

Advertised elsewhere - and not included in this sale - is my BUZZ RACK Buzzpro P10 multi-purpose tow ball platform no. BRMP01 (or 'Boat' Rack), which attaches to a towbar and is a great way to transport these boats.

Please ask any questions or contact me via my email address steve_bate@hotmail.com or mobile 07875 880120 and I can provide more details and many further pics. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	138738   Click image for larger version

Name:	15.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	138739   Click image for larger version

Name:	21.jpg
Views:	92