Town: San Carlos, Mexico
Boat name: INDE
Make: LOMAC 730
Length: 7m +
Engine: 200 Merc.
MMSI: Please press 1
Send a message via Skype™ to Limey Linda
Your guys are missing out.

With the low dollar you guys should be planning a holiday in the USA.
Example: Lunch for two today. mexican beef buritos, beans, salad, w. avacodo, corn chips and salsa and fish tacos and two bottled beers. $23.50. Thats 12 quid to you guys. More food than we could eat.
Went to the supermarket next door and bought 1 lb of fresh shark steak for 2quid. Jumbo Tiger prawns were 3 quid a LB. so a little too pricey for me.
Old 06 October 2007, 20:51   #2

Town: Oakley
Boat name: Zerstörer
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF 140
MMSI: 235050131
You can keep it,

I just hate the sun, fresh meat and cheap plonk. Can't think of a worse way to spend a day. Would much rather be chucking a jumper on, eating a greasy Donar and drinking a pint of chemical beer.

See you on the dark side !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06 October 2007, 21:39   #3

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limey Linda View Post
Example: Lunch for two today. mexican beef buritos, beans, salad, w. avacodo, corn chips and salsa and fish tacos and two bottled beers. $23.50. Thats 12 quid to you guys. More food than we could eat.
Went to the supermarket next door and bought 1 lb of fresh shark steak for 2quid. Jumbo Tiger prawns were 3 quid a LB. so a little too pricey for me.
I would LOVE to visit the USA - but I refuse to go somewhere where I am treated like a criminal before I even get into the country. Iris scans - finger prints taken etc etc - they can stuff it - who know what they do with the info they collect? Not even allowed to carry matches or a nail file on the plane - talk about stupid. Of course if you are a Mexican you can get in easily and bring what you like...........

What happened to the special relationship - our best allies etc etc? I expect the red carpet treatment for British visitors at least!!!
Old 06 October 2007, 22:07   #4

Town: Oakley
Boat name: Zerstörer
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF 140
MMSI: 235050131
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn View Post
but I refuse to go somewhere where I am treated like a criminal before I even get into the country. Iris scans - finger prints taken etc etc - they can stuff it - who know what they do with the info they collect? Not even allowed to carry matches or a nail file on the plane - talk about stupid.
!!
I got exactly the same feeling when I returned to Luton this week from abroad. In fact looking at the reception it took a long time to realise I was in England.

Even Eastern Europe is starting to look inviting nowadays. What a change in 20 years. Sad.
Old 06 October 2007, 23:18   #5

Town: Stockholm
Make: KR7
Engine: Evinrude 150 H.O
Quote:
Limey Linda, i saw that you live in Scottsdale, AZ, Where do you have your rib?
I have plans to visit arizona, maybe next year
Old 06 October 2007, 23:32   #6

Quote:
I would LOVE to visit the USA - but I refuse to go somewhere where I am treated like a criminal before I even get into the country. Iris scans - finger prints taken etc etc - they can stuff it - who know what they do with the info they collect? Not even allowed to carry matches or a nail file on the plane - talk about stupid. Of course if you are a Mexican you can get in easily and bring what you like...........

What happened to the special relationship - our best allies etc etc? I expect the red carpet treatment for British visitors at least!!!
Codders, you are an uniformed, out of date dipshit. As offen happens you did not engage brain before touching keyboard. There are no security procedures conducted upon arrival, they are done by the airlines before departure no matter what country you are flying to. They really are not inconvienient but sometimes petty, I agree. You certainly should not get any red carpet treatment because you would be a poor ambasador for your country, just like some of those Mexican and Irish people.
Old 06 October 2007, 23:47   #7

Quote:
Codders, you are an uniformed, out of date dipshit. As offen happens you did not engage brain before touching keyboard. There are no security procedures conducted upon arrival, they are done by the airlines before departure no matter what country you are flying to. They really are not inconvienient but sometimes petty, I agree. You certainly should not get any red carpet treatment because you would be a poor ambasador for your country, just like some of those Mexican and Irish people.
I think you will find that it's when you enter the USA the fingerprints and photos are taken. My girlfriend went to Florida a few months ago - not a pleasent experience at the airport. There are plenty of horror stories of how officious little people make life a misery for everyone.

Thing should improve soon though - Disney are giving advice to immigration on how to be nice to people.........

I agree it's NOT just in the USA though. In Britain you now have to wait 6 weeks for your first passport to prove who you are - of course if they hadn't let all the immigrants in in the first place it would be a lot easier to tell.....
Old 06 October 2007, 23:53   #8
RIBnet supporter

Town: Reykjavik
Boat name: Cheesee
Make: Seaquel 600 XS
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mercury 275 Verado
Send a message via Skype™ to bogib
This paran..ya starts as soon as you book the ticket to the states... so on check in phase two starts... i.e. if you have not older passport than 2004, if older you need new one although still fully valid to civilised countries... on board the plane you are reminded... where you are going to... phase three as described earlier by codprawn Iris check finger print... and interragation what the feck I am doing and where am I staying....

Will I be sent back home upon arrival in US on Tuesday.... because if this... let see...

Bogi
Old 06 October 2007, 23:55   #9
RIBnet supporter

Quote:
I agree it's NOT just in the USA though. In Britain you now have to wait 6 weeks for your first passport to prove who you are - of course if they hadn't let all the immigrants in in the first place it would be a lot easier to tell.....
You got to be jokin here it takes 3 hours at the most

Bogi
Old 07 October 2007, 00:02   #10

Quote:
I think you will find that it's when you enter the USA the fingerprints and photos are taken. My girlfriend went to Florida a few months ago - not a pleasent experience at the airport. There are plenty of horror stories of how officious little people make life a misery for everyone.

Thing should improve soon though - Disney are giving advice to immigration on how to be nice to people.........

Sorry Codders you are wrong. All documentation work/checks are done before departure. The only addition procedure that overseas flights have to go through is checked luggage has to be xrayed which does cause an approx. 15 min. delay. My friend from Leeds arrived today so I am sort of up to date.
PS. The wait for a US passport is currently 3 months for the same reason.
Old 07 October 2007, 00:11   #11
RIBnet supporter

Quote: by Limey Linda

I would guess your home office would require at least 9 months notice if it takes 6 month for passport

(p.s. couldn´t resist)
Old 07 October 2007, 00:19   #12

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3699276.stm

"All British travellers arriving in the United States will be fingerprinted and digitally photographed from Thursday."

Look up the US-VISIT scheme.

Of course the information will be kept to "help" frequent travellers!!!

And even if you trust the US government I most certainly don't trust ours - I am quite sure any info recorded will soon end up on numerous databases and we all know how secure they can be.......
Old 07 October 2007, 00:25   #13
RIBnet supporter

I am frequently in the US and every time I need to give fingerprint and smile to their camera I must be suspicius looking fella will i get VIP treatment and red carpet on Tuesday by telling the immigration officer I am on may way to IACP (International Association of Chief Police) conference

Bogi
Old 07 October 2007, 01:10   #14

Quote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3699276.stm

"All British travellers arriving in the United States will be fingerprinted and digitally photographed from Thursday."

Look up the US-VISIT scheme.

Of course the information will be kept to "help" frequent travellers!!!

And even if you trust the US government I most certainly don't trust ours - I am quite sure any info recorded will soon end up on numerous databases and we all know how secure they can be.......
Well done Codders. That is new news.. My friend is also a property owner and holder of a permenant business visa so perhaps he side stepped that stuff.
he also travels BA 1 st. class so ???. I am sure that you are aware that the US public are outraged over the decades of poor immigration control by the US government. The recent terrorist incidents in the UK. make UK folks a "high priority". Not sure I can blame them for that. I left the UK in 1982 because the government started screwing up back in the 1960's. Seems to have gone downhill since then. If you want to whine about "special relationships" etc. then perhaps you should square up you own countrie,s act first. In conclusion "men live in the US" "Whimps live in the UK" Winston would have had you all shot.
Now someone is going to give me a earful.
Old 07 October 2007, 02:40   #15

Town: British Columbia
Make: Gemini
Length: 4m +
Engine: 40hp 2 str
I'm going to hold out a little longer while the $ Canadian : $ US ratio gets a little higher, then buy a nice, mid-sized state. Colorado or Oregon would do just fine.
Old 07 October 2007, 02:42   #16

And no, I won't take Utah!
Old 07 October 2007, 02:54   #17

Hi PT
Your obviously have good taste when it comes to Utah
Old 07 October 2007, 03:05   #18

We have a town in British Columbia called 'Bountiful' which is also a polygamist magnet.

My mother snowbirds in Mesa. I visted her down there a couple of years ago and enjoyed Arizona tremendously.
Old 07 October 2007, 03:21   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie tuber View Post
We have a town in British Columbia called 'Bountiful' which is also a polygamist magnet.

My mother snowbirds in Mesa. I visted her down there a couple of years ago and enjoyed Arizona tremendously.
Glad you enjoyed AZ. However, did you know that Mesa is the Morman capital of AZ. We have a saying: a virgin is a 10year old living in Mesa that can run faster than her 11year old brother.
Old 07 October 2007, 04:00   #20

Bad things happen when the family tree has no branches. There seems to be a hidden north-south corridor that these elders..er.. creeps to duck into when on the lam from the authorities.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Polygamy%20Porter.jpg (114.8 KB, 126 views)