Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 28 May 2020, 18:26   #1
Member
 
spartacus's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Aberdeenshire
Boat name: Sula
Make: Ribcraft 4.8m
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 60hp + aux
MMSI: 235087213
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,920
RIBase
White Lines

If you're looking for something to watch this weekend, then check out Netflix's White Lines. Absolutely stunning cinematography. Highlight so far is Amanda Haddock (Zoe) hauling a 90s Zodiac Pro across a field of wheat in the midday Ibiza sun by hand in episode 5. I'm shouting at the telly, have you tried to move one of those things before!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0490.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	147.9 KB
ID:	133275  
__________________

__________________
Is that with or without VAT?
spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2020, 01:45   #2
Member
 
spartacus's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Aberdeenshire
Boat name: Sula
Make: Ribcraft 4.8m
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 60hp + aux
MMSI: 235087213
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,920
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartacus View Post
Highlight so far is Amanda Haddock (Zoe)
Edit: Don't know who the hell Amanda is, should read Laura! Agent should be telling her to change her surname.
__________________

__________________
Is that with or without VAT?
spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2020, 03:46   #3
RIBnet supporter
 
Brian's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Isle of Man
Town: Peel, IOM
Length: no boat
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 2,451
RIBase
So, here we have a half-crazed woman (who keeps speaking to the ground-for some unfathomable reason) is an ex-mental patient on very short commons, who wants to know why her brother, was killed 20 years ago.
Her husband (who otherwise sounds quite a sensible chap) leaves her abroad in Spain, where she doesnt speak the language in pursuit of "the truth" against the advice of local police..............

I am sorry, I have much more important things to do-there is still a weed left alive in my garden. I will have to go and dose it with weedkiller and then watch it slowly die. That should fill the morning quite satisfactorily.
__________________
Brian

"Ribbing-the most expensive way of travelling third class"
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2020, 03:55   #4
Member
 
Pikey Dave's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,706
RIBase
Netflix??🤷*♂️
__________________
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2020, 04:18   #5
Member
 
Fender's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Make: Zodiac
Length: under 3m
Engine: Scull
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
So, here we have a half-crazed woman (who keeps speaking to the ground-for some unfathomable reason) is an ex-mental patient on very short commons, who wants to know why her brother, was killed 20 years ago.
Her husband (who otherwise sounds quite a sensible chap) leaves her abroad in Spain, where she doesnt speak the language in pursuit of "the truth" against the advice of local police..............

I am sorry, I have much more important things to do-there is still a weed left alive in my garden. I will have to go and dose it with weedkiller and then watch it slowly die. That should fill the morning quite satisfactorily.
A do enjoy a good box-set, and with all the hype about White Lines I was looking forward to its release - think I got to the 2nd episode, it was painfully bad from the start but I did persist hoping it would get better - it didn't, thought it was poo
__________________
Fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2020, 09:20   #6
Member
 
Pikey Dave's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,706
RIBase
White Lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender View Post
A do enjoy a good box-set, and with all the hype about White Lines I was looking forward to its release - think I got to the 2nd episode, it was painfully bad from the start but I did persist hoping it would get better - it didn't, thought it was poo


We don’t do much telly, only have Freeview, I’m too tight to pay more than the licence fee. Our daughter bought us our very first box set last xmas, & I admit we “binged” it, which I believe is the vernacular. It was Band of Brothers, excellent.
__________________
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2020, 10:00   #7
Member
 
A1an's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Fort William
Make: Humber Destroyer
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha F80
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,421
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartacus View Post
If you're looking for something to watch this weekend, then check out Netflix's White Lines. Absolutely stunning cinematography. Highlight so far is Amanda Haddock (Zoe) hauling a 90s Zodiac Pro across a field of wheat in the midday Ibiza sun by hand in episode 5. I'm shouting at the telly, have you tried to move one of those things before!
Cracking series but Im no fan of Haddocks, she a bit of a whine for me.

If White Lines is your thing then there's a cracking White Lines playlist on Spotify, Ive got it on just now as I sup a Gin on the patio.

Oh the memories.


You watched Queen of the South? Well worth a watch.
__________________
There is a place on this planet for all of Gods creatures.........right next to my tatties and gravy.
A1an is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2020, 10:24   #8
Member
 
Lee argyle's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Porchfield
Boat name: Katie
Make: Stingher
Length: 10m +
Engine: Verado 350 x 2
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Dave View Post
We don’t do much telly, only have Freeview, I’m too tight to pay more than the licence fee. Our daughter bought us our very first box set last xmas, & I admit we “binged” it, which I believe is the vernacular. It was Band of Brothers, excellent.
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0374463/

Similar vein to B of B, both very good, Breaking Bad also a must see 👍
__________________
Fully fledged member of the ‘Bordering negligent and very irresponsible club’.
Lee argyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2020, 10:39   #9
RIBnet supporter
 
Brian's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Isle of Man
Town: Peel, IOM
Length: no boat
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 2,451
RIBase
Aha, now your talking.
Breaking Bad and Better call Saul are two excellent series.
__________________
Brian

"Ribbing-the most expensive way of travelling third class"
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2020, 11:26   #10
Member
 
A1an's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Fort William
Make: Humber Destroyer
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha F80
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,421
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Aha, now your talking.
Breaking Bad and Better call Saul are two excellent series.
I couldn't get to grips with Better Call Saul. It was too slow.
__________________
There is a place on this planet for all of Gods creatures.........right next to my tatties and gravy.
A1an is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2020, 11:41   #11
Member
 
Lee argyle's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Porchfield
Boat name: Katie
Make: Stingher
Length: 10m +
Engine: Verado 350 x 2
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1an View Post
I couldn't get to grips with Better Call Saul. It was too slow.
I’ve enjoyed the show - it was a slow burner in the first few series but has now got really good, starting to get close to the early timeline of BB
__________________
Fully fledged member of the ‘Bordering negligent and very irresponsible club’.
Lee argyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2020, 13:15   #12
Member
 
lakelandterrier's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Gloucester
Boat name: Lunasea
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzi 140
MMSI: 232005050
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Dave View Post
We don’t do much telly, only have Freeview, I’m too tight to pay more than the licence fee.
+1

Comes from having lived in Yorkshire for 6 years

Agree Band of Brothers is excellent box set.....now really push your comfort zone try Breaking Bad
__________________
Member of the Macmillan Round the Isle of Wight Club
lakelandterrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2020, 13:38   #13
Member
 
Pikey Dave's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,706
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakelandterrier View Post
+1



Comes from having lived in Yorkshire for 6 years



Agree Band of Brothers is excellent box set.....now really push your comfort zone try Breaking Bad


I’ll put it on my Christmas list
__________________
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2020, 14:13   #14
RIBnet admin team
 
Poly's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 11,096
Quote:
We don’t do much telly, only have Freeview
careful, a little progression from that position and you'll be muttering in an irish accent about how you've too many apples...
__________________
Poly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2020, 15:46   #15
RIBnet Supporter
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 13,849
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly View Post
careful, a little progression from that position and you'll be muttering in an Irish accent about how you've too many apples...
That said - I have gigabit broadband and a half share in a Netflix account. I could live without the Netflix. Beer and cider kits are current o/s throughout the largely United Kingdom and here so "too many apples" is an oxymoron at this time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	willkorchard.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	209.4 KB
ID:	133288  
__________________
.
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2020, 18:00   #16
Member
 
spartacus's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Aberdeenshire
Boat name: Sula
Make: Ribcraft 4.8m
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 60hp + aux
MMSI: 235087213
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,920
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1an View Post
Cracking series but Im no fan of Haddocks, she a bit of a whine for me.
I can take her or leave her if I'm honest, I don't actually remember seeing her in much. Daniel Mays on the other hand who plays Marcus from Maaaaaanchester is spot on.

Quote:
If White Lines is your thing then there's a cracking White Lines playlist on Spotify, Ive got it on just now as I sup a Gin on the patio.
I will check that out.

Quote:
You watched Queen of the South? Well worth a watch.
No, but again, will check it out. I rarely watch box sets, and if I do, I never finish them. Came to Breaking Bad late and saw the film before the series (which I've yet to watch)! Thanks for the tip on this one.
__________________

__________________
Is that with or without VAT?
spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« New Toy | Top | Heads up! »
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.