Old 01 July 2007, 14:20   #1

Town: Portsmouth Harbour
Length: no boat
Trailers

Over the summer I am taking part in the World Scout Jamboree, where I will be on the International Service Team and will be teaching sailing for the duration of the Jamboree. I have also been asked by the Jamboree organizers to provide the use of some boats. I will be taking 3 scout Picos (Length: 3.50 m, Beam: 1.43 m), RS Feva (Length 3.64m, Beam: 1.42m), and a Rib to the Jamboree.

At present I am struggling to find any trailers to get the sailing dinghy's to the event.

If any one knows of any double stacking trailers that could take 2 picos, or any other trailers that would be able to take some dinghy's on would you please drop me a pm.

The trailers would be needed over the dates of sat 21 July to Tuesday 24 July and again on Wed 8 August to Sat 11 August.

If you require any further details or can help me out please let me know as soon as possible.

Many thanks

Rich

Davies Coaching
laser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 July 2007, 14:38   #2

Length: 6m +
Rich,

You can use our double stacker subject to obtaining some sort of insurance for it (or getting the Scouts to underwrite it for theft/damage), and it will take at least 3 picos + gear, one on the lower rack, 2 on the top. I'll measure it later. The feva would definitely fit on the bottom though, with 2 picos on top maybe?

I've also asked Gravesend Sea Cadets if you could use their triple stack pico trailer, and am awaiting an answer.

Hope that helps!
Old 03 July 2007, 18:37   #3

Town: Côte d'Azur
Boat name: Beaver Patrol
Make: Avon Searider SR4
Length: 4m +
Does this clash with the Lark nationals? I can't remember. If not, my trailer, and/or the uni double stacker?