Town: Oakley
Boat name: Zerstörer
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF 140
MMSI: 235050131
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn View Post
you know the poor sods who have forgotten their MOT has run out or the people with no TAX!!!
They do need to get caught, but it seems an inordinate amount of effort goes into catching errant motorists.

Would be nice if they put the same amount of effort in to catching Graffiti artists or people driving and talking on mobile phones. Lets Say.
Old 24 August 2007, 02:41   #22

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
They do need to get caught, but it seems an inordinate amount of effort goes into catching errant motorists.

Would be nice if they put the same amount of effort in to catching Graffiti artists or people driving and talking on mobile phones. Lets Say.
Graffiti artists??? Well there's a great reason for emigrating!!! Seriously though our local council have spent a fortune on a new Grafitti buster team - trouble is I can't really recall seeing any grafitti anywhere.

Give me grafitti over all these revolting new houses anyday!!!
Old 24 August 2007, 10:52   #23

Quote:
trouble is I can't really recall seeing any grafitti anywhere.
Must be working then !
Old 24 August 2007, 11:28   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
Must be working then !
Nah I never saw any BEFORE they set up the team!!! Could be I don't notice such trivia - same as dog mess isn't exactly the biggest problem in my life. I think I have stepped in dog mess about twice in the last 10yrs - I have these amazing things called eyes which are great for collision avoidance!!!
Old 24 August 2007, 12:27   #25

Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Quote:
In Swansea they have an unmarked Honda Civic Type R and a Mitsubishi Evo VIII both in black. They also have several expensive BMWs and Merc estates not to mention a new Range Rover and a Lexus 4x4 - oh and a Disco III and a BMW X5. They are most certainly NOT loan cars!!!

They also have a nice shiny helicopter that costs £5,000,000 a year.

Unfortunately the force is very short of money so they can't afford to have enough police on the streets. They refused to investigate an attempted break in at my house Christmas time as it would cost too much money!!!

And they wonder why people have no respect for them at all any more.........

I reckon they're all BBC cars filming Touchwood! (the Doctor Who spinoff for those not into Sci Fi!)
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2007, 12:37   #26

Make: HumberOceanOffshore
Engine: Volvo KAD300/DPX
Torchwood...touch wood you get it right next time Cooks.
Old 24 August 2007, 13:02   #27

Town: Haverfordwest
Boat name: Nenya
Make: Tornado 5.1
Engine: Mercury 60hp
MMSI: 235051491
Quote:
In Swansea they have an unmarked Mitsubishi Evo VIII black.
Saw it a week ago on the M4, had pulled someone around junction 45 if I remember rightly. Bet its caught a few boy racers out that have fancied a dabble.
Old 24 August 2007, 13:58   #28

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Engine: Etec 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugshot View Post
Saw it a week ago on the M4, had pulled someone around junction 45 if I remember rightly. Bet its caught a few boy racers out that have fancied a dabble.
I wonder if there is a fine line with incitement on that one
Old 24 August 2007, 14:16   #29

Town: Haverfordwest
Boat name: Nenya
Make: Tornado 5.1
Engine: Mercury 60hp
MMSI: 235051491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmuz7 View Post
I wonder if there is a fine line with incitement on that one
I have to say that thought has crossed my mind before now. I have no idea how the law works with regard to incitement, fake prostitutes and bait cars are fair game, other well publicised cases of incitement are not, or is it entrapment? Time for a bit of google I think.
Old 24 August 2007, 19:38   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugshot View Post
Yup that's the one - as i said they also have a brand new Civic type R - also black. Their favourite trick is to park up and use the camera to catch people - then a marked car further down the road stops them.

One poor bloke I know was stopped because his automatic renewal on his insurance didn't go through - 1 day late and they stopeed him - made him and his kids get out in the pouring rain - then took his car away on a lorry. Cost him £105 to get the car out of the pound and it turns out the car WAS still covered!!!

Of course if you have foreign plates on you are fine - can do what you like. Also if you use false plates you are fine - as long as they match the make of car!!!
Old 24 August 2007, 19:46   #31

Town: West Sussex
Make: zodiac
Length: 6m +
Engine: suzuki 115
We Have the usual aray of very expensive unmarked/marked cars in the area,and apparently the lotus is doing the rounds from force to force,but for what purpose are they demoing this vehicle its just a huge gross waste of money simple ! and it p####s me off.
Old 24 August 2007, 19:54   #32

Quote:
Of course if you have foreign plates on you are fine - can do what you like. Also if you use false plates you are fine - as long as they match the make of car!!!
Thats the RUB. This is all Policing by computer. They need to bring in stop checks. The only time I've seen that round here is when the DOT do it during the rush hour !

Still doesn't stop foreign cars. Maybe thats the way to go. Buy a foreign car. Can't be hard to drive a left hooker.
Old 24 August 2007, 21:32   #33

I remember when my father brought a Range Rover back from Saudi - he drove around for a year on Arabic plates - could park anywhere - imagine the traffic warden trying to write a ticket!!! These days of course arab plates aren't too clever after our glorius leader's intervention in world politics............

An ex girlfriend brought her car back from spain on spanish plates - drove around for years without even a speeding ticket!!!

As usual it's the decent people who suffer the most - the crooks know how to beat the system..............
Old 24 August 2007, 21:40   #34

Town: Colchester/Clevedon
Boat name: Barracuda
Make: Porters
Engine: Tohatsu 50hp
Quote:
An ex girlfriend brought her car back from spain on spanish plates - drove around for years without even a speeding ticket!!!
Yeah, back in 1998 a house-mate of mine went to Germany for a year as a student and brought back a Golf on German plates. We lived in Tower Hamlets East London at the time, a real hard-left council with a true hatred of motorists, and it was great - we drove it around and parked anywhere and could literally throw all the parking tickets away.

It got towed once, but because of council incompetence (they'd painted double lines over a legit parking space), we got the car back for free.

Of course, what you really want is diplomatic plates. Another mate of mine, who lives in Madrid, has just bought a new 325 Coupe tax free through his Dad at the Spanish Embassy in London and has driven it back to Madrid with diplomatic plates on it. no parking tickets in the whole of Europe!