Old 29 April 2007, 09:21   #21

Town: Fareham
Length: 6m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limey Linda View Post
Hey Pete, you forgot the 1/2 tonne of manure.
Don't start that one

When I where a Lad, several decades ago, my family went away on holiday for two weeks camping. On our return there was about 3 Tonnes of Manure greeting us on the driveway with a barrage of neighbours moaning about the smell and flys.

Wasn't us who ordered it! My Dad told the Neighbours. So on Monday morning he phoned the number on the invoice that had been posted though the door. He told them to come and get it as we hadn't ordered it. The guy from the manure manufacturing plant (farm) said it wasn't cost effective and someone obviously had played a prank on us (drrrr, like we didn't already know). He said we could have it.

I spent a day with my Dad loading this stuff into a wheel barrow and trundling it down the bottom of our garden.

We had a terriffic crop of vegetables for the next couple of years, the marrows grew to epic proportions and roses flowered like they had never done before.

Years later, during a beery night out I finaly found the culprit of the prank. It was one of my best mates!

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote