Old 07 December 2009, 04:33   #1

Town: British Columbia
Make: Gemini
Length: 4m +
Engine: 40hp 2 str
Something is Definitely Rotten in Denmark

A bit of perspective on the fraudster & hypocrite love-in that is about to take place in Copenhagen.

On a normal day, Majken Friss Jorgensen, managing director of Copenhagen's biggest limousine company, says her firm has twelve vehicles on the road. During the "summit to save the world", which opens here tomorrow, she will have 200. "We thought they were not going to have many cars, due to it being a climate convention," she says. "But it seems that somebody last week looked at the weather report."

Miss Jorgensen reckons that between her and her rivals the total number of limos in Copenhagen next week has already broken the 1,200 barrier. The French alone rang up on Thursday and ordered another 42. "We haven't got enough limos in the country to fulfil the demand," she says. "We're having to drive them in hundreds of miles from Germany and Sweden."

And the total number of electric cars or hybrids among that number? "Five," says Ms Jorgensen.

Read the rest here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/cop...ar-wedges.html
Old 07 December 2009, 09:59   #2

Town: Leicester
Boat name: Vixen
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki OB 175
MMSI: 235071839
Dude all this climate change reduction malarkey is only for the working classes, for everybody else it's business as usual but with higher profits!
Simon B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 December 2009, 10:08   #3
RIBnet Supporter

HA! Greens, don't talk to me about Greens...

These fools hold the balance of power in Ireland:

"The Green Party leader took a ferry to Holyhead in an attempt to appear environmentally friendly - but had a Mercedes travel five hours and 300 miles from London to collect him. The car cost the taxpayer £2,200. After the climate change event, Gormley flew home."

http://www.tribune.ie/news/article/2...heres-my-limo/

Old 07 December 2009, 12:04   #4

Town: yorkshire
Boat name: little vicky
Make: avon ex RNLI
Length: 3m +
Engine: tohatsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
These fools hold the balance of power in Ireland:

"The Green Party leader took a ferry to Holyhead in an attempt to appear environmentally friendly - ,[,
yes but it sounds better when he says to the others that i sailed here ,,those not questioning him would have had visions of white billowing sails and not a puff of carbon in sight ,lol
Old 07 December 2009, 22:49   #5

Town: telford
Make: shakespeare
Engine: 150 optimax
climate change/global warming is a leftist conspiracy to justify increased taxation, the main factor governing our daily temparature is our proximity to that big ball of burning gases that appears over the horizon every morning,
Old 08 December 2009, 01:43   #6

Just how significant the revelations of climategate are to the core foundations of AGW theory are explained very well in this article;

Climategate emails prove that we must redo the science with data and a process that can be trusted

By Lawrence Solomon

The data from the Climatic Research Unit at East Anglia University — headquarters for Climategate — is now discredited. This discredits any findings by other research bodies that relied on the Climategate data.

How much falls from Climategate, whose participants read like a Who’s Who at the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change? Not much, says CRU’s disgraced director, Phil Jones, pointing out that CRU’s data for global temperatures is but one of several datasets, all in general agreement. Besides, many argue, CRU was no linchpin to the science. The IPCC relied on numerous other sources. Throw CRU out, they say, and the IPCC’s conclusions remain unshakable.

In truth, if you throw CRU out, you’ve eviscerated the findings of the IPCC’s Fourth Assessment Report, the most recent and most definite opus from the UN. This is the report, received with universal acclaim in 2007, which scarily stated: “The warming of the climate system is unequivocal.”

The argument over global warming requires evidence that the globe is warming in dangerous ways. This evidence the IPCC presents forcefully in its third chapter on surface and atmospheric warming, which rests overwhelmingly on the official global temperature record of the United Nations World Meteorological Organization, called the HADCRUT3 temperature dataset.

And who produced the HADCRUT3 dataset for the World Meteorological Organization? The Hadley Centre of the UK government’s meteorological office (the HAD of HADCRUT3) and the University of East Anglia’s Climatic Research Unit (the CRU).
Further along:
The centrality of HADCRUT3 data is no coincidence. The two British organizations, Hadley and CRU, have worked hand-in-glove since the Hadley Centre was created in 1989 by Margaret Thatcher. One year earlier, in a major address that established the UK’s early promotion of the global warming issue, Thatcher — a foe of the coal mining union and a fan of nuclear power — had pledged to tackle the greenhouse effect by replacing fossil fuels with nuclear power. She then promoted climate change science with funding and diplomacy, placing her people in senior positions at the nascent IPCC and elsewhere at the United Nations.

Hadley and CRU became major players in every IPCC report, in the World Meteorological Organization, in the IPCC’s iconic hockey-stick graph and in the UK government’s Stern Review that predicted economic calamity. In the minds of many, the Hadley-CRU datasets are the most authoritative source of global temperatures, both because their temperature records date back to 1850 and because they produced the first-ever synthesis of land and marine temperature data — the first truly global temperature record.

Except now we’re told that CRU disposed of the raw data some 20 years ago after it was manufactured into “homogenized” and “value added data.” The manufacturer 20 years ago? Another Climategate star, Tom Wigley, who was then the head of CRU.

read more here;

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/b...mate-data.aspx
Old 08 December 2009, 23:44   #7

Town: Portland, Dorset
Make: Ribcraft
It's really depressing... the company I work for has recently started looking at an environmntal policy, but only because they have to in order to do any work for the Olympics. Global warming is real, just look at the floods, but the people who run big office blocks and leave lights switched on all night and have 1000's of limousines will be dead in a few years so they don't care. Sadly I'm not sure anything useful will come of this summit, if anything just a few more laws that people will whinge about and then break.

I reckon my little baby rib has a smaller carbon footprint than an actual baby, so I can kind of live with myself for the moment, but I do worry about all this stuff.
Old 09 December 2009, 00:12   #8
J S

Town: N.Wales/Southampton
Make: Zodiac
Engine: Honda 15hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg View Post
climate change/global warming is a leftist conspiracy to justify increased taxation, the main factor governing our daily temparature is our proximity to that big ball of burning gases that appears over the horizon every morning,
Old 09 December 2009, 00:49   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaz View Post
I reckon my little baby rib has a smaller carbon footprint than an actual baby, so I can kind of live with myself for the moment, but I do worry about all this stuff.
No need to worry because AGW is not real. Floods are nothing new. Neither are conspiring globalist scammers who use junk science to instill fear in the general population for huge lucre.
Old 09 December 2009, 01:15   #10

But if you do want to attend the conference...

...here is a perk. There will be some professional reciprostitutitty...er, reciprocity of professional services for the international pros...er...delegates, that is offered free of charge by some of the local talent.

Copenhagen prostitutes offer freebies to climate change delegates

Fri, 12/04/2009 - 2:09pm

Der Spiegel reports that Copenhagen's mayor has sent postcards to local hotels asking delegates to the upcoming climate conference not to patronize prostitues during their stay in the city. But the city's *** workers are not taking this...er...lying down, and have made it known that they will offer free *** to any conference delegate who can produce one of the postcards:

According to the report, the move has been organized by the *** Workers Interest Group (SIO).

"This is sheer discrimination. Ritt Bjerregaard is abusing her position as Lord Mayor in using her power to prevent us carrying out our perfectly legal job. I don't understand how she can be allowed to contact people in this way," SIO Spokeswoman Susanne Møller tells avisen.dk.

Oh, Scandanavia.

http://blog.foreignpolicy.com/posts/...ange_delegates
Old 09 December 2009, 07:14   #11
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
not going to get into a climate change / gw argument as I am agnostic on the subject - but in terms of your theory - Venus?
Old 09 December 2009, 11:25   #12
RIBnet Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie tuber View Post
But the city's *** workers are not taking this...er...lying down, and have made it known that they will offer free *** to any conference delegate who can produce one of the postcards:

According to the report, the move has been organized by the *** Workers Interest Group (SIO).

"This is sheer discrimination. Ritt Bjerregaard is abusing her position as Lord Mayor in using her power to prevent us carrying out our perfectly legal job. I don't understand how she can be allowed to contact people in this way," SIO Spokeswoman Susanne Møller tells avisen.dk.

Prairie Tuber, I'm surprised to see you posting about ***. I didn't realise you guys even knew about ***. I thought when Canadians wanted more Canadians, they just went into the deep woods and shook the tallest trees until big blokes in lumberjack shirts fell down for collection and housetraining.

You forgot to bowdlerize Pro******e, so I guessed you were talking about sex , I mean ***.

Polwart, are we allowed to say "***" on here?
Old 09 December 2009, 11:45   #13
RIBnet admin team

Quote:
There is nothing in the posting guidelines to suggest otherwise, but you know what our North American cousins are like - everyone can carry a gun - but no swearing on the telly!
Old 09 December 2009, 12:52   #14
RIBnet Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polwart View Post
everyone can carry a gun - but no swearing on the telly!
Hands up ******-*******!, I've got a 9mm short recoil-operated locked breech semi-automatic pistol that uses a modified Browning cam-lock system adapted from the Hi-Power pistol, and this is a ******-******* robbery!

Thanks for the heads-up on the guidelines. I thought I'd have to order a spare "8/*" key.
Old 09 December 2009, 13:41   #15

Quote:
[/INDENT]Prairie Tuber, I'm surprised to see you posting about ***. I didn't realise you guys even knew about ***. I thought when Canadians wanted more Canadians, they just went into the deep woods and shook the tallest trees until big blokes in lumberjack shirts fell down for collection and housetraining.

You forgot to bowdlerize Pro******e, so I guessed you were talking about sex , I mean ***.

Ah, but this is the sad result of the Irish allowing British control the curriculum of their school system. Ever since the social studies classes were reliquished to the BBC* the results were a forgone conclusion.

*BBC Foreign Studies Series - Lesson 5.2: Canada
[YOUTUBE]5zey8567bcg[/YOUTUBE]
Old 09 December 2009, 15:43   #16
RIBnet Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie tuber View Post
Ah, but this is the sad result of the Irish allowing British control the curriculum of their school system
B******s! You must have mistaken Ireland for a country still in the British Commonwealth, like Kenya or Kiribata or, or, Kanada!

Until just now, I didn't think it safe to mention the infamous "Lumberjack Song" on here, just the word "Lumberjack" had me worried...

It always makes me laugh though
Old 10 December 2009, 00:12   #17

Quote:
B******s! You must have mistaken Ireland for a country still in the British Commonwealth, like Kenya or Kiribata or, or, Kanada!

Foreign Studies Series - Lesson 1.4: Ireland

[YOUTUBE]CqfVzJhBRU4&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
Old 10 December 2009, 04:13   #18

Back to the OT, the climategate christmas cd is now out;

[YOUTUBE]dpQXY4tWaoI&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]
Old 10 December 2009, 23:11   #19

Town: telford
Make: shakespeare
Engine: 150 optimax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polwart View Post
not going to get into a climate change / gw argument as I am agnostic on the subject - but in terms of your theory - Venus?
i was also mostly agnostic until every remedy for global warming put forward by labour and the liberal left eu etc. always seemed to involve a tax rise of some sort and very little of the increased taxation goes to environmental causes, it just gets wasted on bribes for benefit recipients in the run up to an election, like we saw yesterday in the budget,
its a justification for taxation and no more
Old 10 December 2009, 23:18   #20
RIBnet admin team

Quote:
its a justification for taxation
certainly (its easy to tweak taxes - and politically easier to present than just admitting we need more £)
Quote:
and no more
ah - unfortunately that is the downside to the taxation... it makes people assume that the problems not real - just because the politicians are doing sweet f.a. thats tangible doesn't mean that the issue itself is not real, when maybe they just don't understand it or aren't brave enough to take the initiative.