Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > Other stuff
Click Here to Login

Old 05 December 2005, 23:24   #1

Length: 6m +
Solenteers Christmas Dinner

Well, what a tremendous evening. It was great to see all the usual forum faces, plus a few I hadn't met before.

I'm sure somebody far more competant than me shall write a full account of the evening at the church, however that's not what I'm here for. I'd like to tell you about my journey home.

As many of you know, I drove Tim M to the Church, and thus drove him back. Somewhere along the way, 2 strays known respectively as Andy Badviz, and Ricky Thorper joined us for the ride. Owing to my navigational skills (I've downloaded MS Autoroute 2006 to use with the GPS, but it's in german!) we ended up taking an extended route back to Tim M's halls of Residence in Portsmouth.

Any and Ricky were doing sterling work keeping tim awake and upright, while I concentrated on my driving. The only minor hiccup was when nearly at Tim's halls, he decided to release his seat belt, and we had to attempt to refasten a semi comatose Tim into his seat. All the while Tim is busy asking relevant questions (Is Pete alright Jimbo? Yes Tim. Oh good, I like Pete., and "Who was that chap wearing the Drysuit, sat opposite me? That was Andy, Tim, he's sitting behind you right now" "Oh. That's Marvellous Jimbo") so we thought he was ok.

Little did we know.

Within sight of his halls, the danger signs approach. Despite my bestest efforts, I couldn't get the windows down quick enough, and Tim proceeded to vomit all over my car, his dinner jacket, then the exterior of the car after the window lowered. It was not pretty. The smell represented all the different alcoholic beverages Tim had consumed, and was overpowering to say the least. Both Ricky and I were stifling our own reactions, while Andy bravely stated "I'm ok, I've got a baby".

I pull up outside Tim's halls, and get out of the car. Now, usually I'm ok with vomit, but on this occasion, I regret to say, that Tim started me off too. We handed Tim (absolutely covered in it) to a nice pair of chaps heading into his halls, who kindly said they would look after him until he got to his floor. Andy bravely accepted my undershirt, and covered the offending vomit, whilst liberally spraying the perfume he'd recieved as a prize, to attempt to cover the smell enough that I could drive home. This I did, with all the windows open, which is where I find myself now.

The moral of the story?

If you're going to throw up in a mates car, ensure you have in your possession, or sufficient funds to obtain, some Febreeze, interior shampoo, cleaning cloths, glass cleaner and a sponge, as young Tim will find his potentially hungover morning occupied with some vomit removal and cleaning! I shall supply the hoover, and plenty of heckling/abuse for being such a lightweight!

A good evening was had - tremendous xmas spirit, wonderfully organised by Kath, Kevin, and Martin, testament to the brave path forged for us by the inimitable Nasher.

Special prizes were produced by Messr's Halliday and Hightower, the latter of which being a hugely impressive award, which will last a very long time.

(P.s. Olly - my flatmate says somebody called Clairol has a new range of haircare products you migh like to try!)
Old 06 December 2005, 06:15   #2

Town: Côte d'Azur
Boat name: Beaver Patrol
Make: Avon Searider SR4
Length: 4m +
Jimbo. I have just woken up, still drunk. My leg is bleeding, and there is a suite by my bed covered in vomit. I dont remember anything about the journey home. Im soo sorry if I was sick in your car (although it was porbably induced by the bad driving). I shall send dave round to clean it later

It was a most tremendous evenining, although perhaps next time I shlall stay away from thoose tripple jack daniels and cokes #

PS. I blade that parsnip Andy gave me; I'm convinced it was lacced with something dodgy..........
Old 06 December 2005, 09:15   #3

Town: Nutbourne
Boat name: Renegade
Make: Porter
Engine: 140 Tohatsu
MMSI: 235022904
Tim
Get the plastic out and look here:-
http://www.scotkem.com/products.asp?recnumber=1735

BTW Thanks for the drink.
Old 06 December 2005, 09:51   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Halliday
Tim
Get the plastic out and look here:-
http://www.scotkem.com/products.asp?recnumber=1735

BTW Thanks for the drink.
Looks as though it would do the trick. Tim! I said TIM! Dammit, where is that boy...?
Old 06 December 2005, 15:55   #5

Town: Portsmouth
Boat name: Champagne Eyes!!!!
Make: Avon
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yamaha 50hp
Jimbo

You probably have two hopes of getting the sick smell out of your car!!!!

Good luck!
Old 06 December 2005, 16:01   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo
Jimbo

You probably have two hopes of getting the sick smell out of your car!!!!

Good luck!
What's that - Bob Hope, and No Hope???

I phoned Tim, and got back "Oh, Jimbo, I have lectures all day. Just take the car to a valets, and I'll sort you out later"

They did the inside of my car, and then said to me "The outside is letting down all our good work inside, so we'll do the outside too"! Smell mostly gone, Tim £20 lighter!!! ( I said i'd pay half...)