Old 14 October 2004, 22:55   #1

Make: Ribtec
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yamaha F225
Shit hot car security

I received a call tonight to say that the tracker on 'Aristo', my Audi RS2 had finally woken up and that Surrey Police had recovered the car to a secure pound.

The car has been the subject of 7 attempted thefts in the past 6 years and these have been unsuccessful (but extensively damaging and expensive) due to the alarm, immobiliser, tracker and ignition cut-out switch. The last 3 attempts since October 2003 have been perpetrated by the same gang of local lowlife scum. This bunch of thieves have gone to extraordinary lengths to remove this vehicle, including greasing the closed gates on my driveway to prevent them from squeaking at 2.30 on Tuesday morning.

What I would like to know from the tech kiddies amongst you, is what is the latest and most aggressive security that I can fit in addition to the above ?

My ideal scenario is that once inside the vehicle, the deadlocks would drop and the thief would be simultaneously winded by a 2lb paintball aimed at his sternum from a mortar below the dash, blinded by a high intensity strobe, his eardrums burst by an internal alarm reaching 300 dbs, whilst his soft appendages are caught in the jagged and razor sharp jaws of an increasingly tightening testicular snare, secreted in the driver's seat.

I don't think the little bastards would come back if we had the power to truly protect our property.
Old 14 October 2004, 22:58   #2

p.s. You don't suppose JF's involved do you ? He only lives up the road and he always looks bloody shifty to me...
Old 14 October 2004, 23:03   #3

Town: Reading
Make: None
Length: under 3m
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteshoes
p.s. You don't suppose JF's involved do you ? He only lives up the road and he always looks bloody shifty to me...

Sorry to hear this Brian. I totally agree with you about the low-life scum who do this kind of thing. As I said on another thread, it is a sad fact of life that there are people out there with no respect for others or their property.
Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2004, 23:36   #4
RIBnet supporter

Town: Reykjavik
Boat name: Cheesee
Make: Seaquel 600 XS
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mercury 275 Verado
Send a message via Skype™ to bogib
We are fitting unic system to a Volvo XC70 sensitive sensors on choosen places within the car then three cameras, if the systems goes on it will report immediately to the police communication HQ with its location (GPS) as well as transmitting signals on real time from all three cameras through the internet as well to the police communication HQ, total price for this equipment are close to GBP 10.000,- along with this it ofcourse blow horns like hell (fitted with 2 x 100 watt siren speakers) and switch all lights on full flashing like fu***ng Xmas tree (fitted with extra HD battery).

Bogi
Old 14 October 2004, 23:48   #5

Town: scotland
Boat name: Leviathan
Make: Phantom
Length: 8m +
Engine: GM Diesels
Quote:

I like the ideas, will we see a new alarm 'brand' on the market soon

"Witeshooz Vehicle security"
Old 14 October 2004, 23:55   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogib
We are fitting unic system to a Volvo XC70 sensitive sensors on choosen places within the car then three cameras, if the systems goes on it will report immediately to the police communication HQ with its location (GPS) as well as transmitting signals on real time from all three cameras through the internet as well to the police communication HQ, total price for this equipment are close to GBP 10.000,- along with this it ofcourse blow horns like hell (fitted with 2 x 100 watt siren speakers) and switch all lights on full flashing like fu***ng Xmas tree (fitted with extra HD battery).

Bogi
Bogi,

This sounds like the kind of kit I'm after, though not necessarily the price tag...

You know that you don't have enough people on Iceland to make this a valid trial. Also, they're supposed to be pretty law abiding (anything to do with you ?)

Send the kit over to me and it will be properly trialled. Who knows, it might cut car crime in this area by 3%, just on my car alone..
Old 14 October 2004, 23:57   #7

Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Quote:
What I would like to know from the tech kiddies amongst you, is what is the latest and most aggressive security that I can fit in addition to the above ?
You can always borrow Jasper or better still Britt!.

A french guy got so pissed off with burglars he wired his house alarm to trigger of an explosive charge, which went off killing the burglar. The house owner sadly got life!

That JF's eyes are very close together if you want my opinion, but if it was raining on the night in question then he's in the clear
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2004, 00:00   #8

Town: Reading
Make: None
Length: under 3m
RAOTFLMFAO at Rogue. You're a bad man!
Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2004, 00:03   #9
RIBnet supporter

Town: Reykjavik
Boat name: Cheesee
Make: Seaquel 600 XS
Engine: Mercury 275 Verado
Send a message via Skype™ to bogib
This vehicle is for the Icelandic Viking Police force heavily armed with artillery and amunition therefore requested extreme security system, gunboxes was made in UK specially for us. But we can made the system much cheaper by using commercially available equipment instead of special purpose systems we are using in this case.

Bogi
Old 15 October 2004, 07:33   #10

Town: Lancs
Boat name: Beretta
Make: Ballistic
Engine: 175hp e-tec
MMSI: 235035778
RIBase
I had a pager system on my car so that if anything happened to it it would page me, then i would be able to wander over and take a look.

It was quite good, it would tell me everything about the car and let me know what had happened, Window Smash, Car start, etc.

Only problem was the range was not very good, but then i figured that it was pointless it paging me if im 100 miles away.

But how about one of these? http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/africa/9812...e.thrower.car/
Old 15 October 2004, 09:42   #11
TIM

Town: Dublin
Boat name: WIZARD
Make: REDBAY 7.4
Engine: OPTI 225
My Brothers friend Had a Serria Cosworth in London in the mid eightys... before car securety was very good.... this car got nicked twice and recovered and repaired , and he got totaly pissed off .... his soloution ....

He got the appropate lenght knife .... wegeded it under the drivers seat , pionting up........ One morning he found a blood trail , car door wide open , knife sticking throught the seat.......

He replaced the seat , and had the car cleaned...... it was never touched again !!!!

JUst imagen one morning YOU FORGOT ..... OUCH .......
Old 15 October 2004, 10:33   #12

Town: scotland
Boat name: Leviathan
Make: Phantom
Engine: GM Diesels
Lovely story! that knife needed a barb, kinda like a fishing hook! imagine the guy/gal having to pull himself off the thing wankers
Old 15 October 2004, 10:42   #13

Town: Nutbourne
Boat name: Renegade
Make: Porter
Engine: 140 Tohatsu
MMSI: 235022904
The KISS approach can be quite effective.
Fit a well hidden switch which isolates the fuel pump and the fuel gauge.

The scum drill the locks, disable the alarm and immobiliser, break the steering lock, flash up the motor, which dies after a couple of seconds. They then run down the battery before noticing the fuel gauge reads empty.

The down side is that once the battery is flat the alarm & tracker wont work and you will never find the code to reset the radio. Also it is not much good if they have a tow truck with them.

These oiks are so inconsiderate. When my Rangy was nicked, the took all the cash out of the ATM that they left in the boot, before dumping it. You would have thought they would leave at least £100 for the hire of the vehicle.
Old 15 October 2004, 11:17   #14

Town: Blandford / London
Boat name: Top Cat
Make: Scorpion 8.1
MMSI: 235020739
meck lock

I have not actually tried this device my self, but did read a review of it in a Land Rover magazine. It did seem like a clever solution. Basically it disables hydraulic systems, so if your vehicle has a hydraulic clutch (like a Land Rover) it can be fitted with this device.

http://www.mecklocksystem.co.uk/
Old 15 October 2004, 13:42   #15

Town: Poole
Length: no boat
Here is my break in story....

Was working one Sunday after being out on the boat and had my Lowrance 350, h/h VHF, other GPS + all my smelly kit in my Range Rover. Finished work and out to find the rear quarter light smashed and half my dash hanging off. All boat stuff there but part of the stereo gone.

Following week, working again, and parked in front of a CCTV camera.

The B***tards came back and broke the other quarter window ( first on had not been fixed ) and took the rest of the stereo !!!

Spoke to security and they told me the cameras were pointing somewhere else all weekend.

Mark
Old 15 October 2004, 14:12   #16

Town: nr Lymington
Boat name: JU-JU
Make: Halmatic PAC22
Engine: 140.5 Mermaid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmorgan
I have not actually tried this device my self......
I wouldn’t try it either anything that cuts into the brakes should be avoided like the plague.

The reason the ignition is used as a way of immobilising a vehicle is that if the security system fails the car will coast to a stop in a relatively safe way. If this brake device fails and either applies the brakes of stops them working the results would be disastrous.

Good car security is all about layers, lock the doors, fit an alarm, fit an immobilizer, take all your stuff out of the car, fit a mechanical steering wheel device, lock the car in a garage, stick a security post in front of the doors, stick a security post behind the doors and if all that fails get yourself a Proton. Even a car thief wouldn’t be seen dead in one . Des
Old 15 October 2004, 14:38   #17

Town: Blandford / London
Boat name: Top Cat
Make: Scorpion 8.1
MMSI: 235020739
I agree would not put it in the brake circuit, that would be madness. It goes in the hydraulic clutch circuit basically rendering it useless, I think that it was in Land Rover World that it was review they seemed to think it was a clever solution and worked well. This is a more detailed article …

http://www.mudstuff.co.uk/Meck_Lock.html
Old 15 October 2004, 15:09   #18

Town: nr Lymington
Boat name: JU-JU
Make: Halmatic PAC22
Engine: 140.5 Mermaid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmorgan
I agree would not put it in the brake circuit, that would be madness. It goes in the hydraulic clutch circuit basically rendering it useless, I think that it was in Land Rover World that it was review they seemed to think it was a clever solution and worked well. This is a more detailed article …

http://www.mudstuff.co.uk/Meck_Lock.html

Sorry when you said hydraulics I assumed brakes.

I think that immobilising the clutch I a great way of do stopping thieves but there are only a few hydraulic clutches out there.

Years ago there was a clutch cable system that replaced your cable with one with a lock in it. It was brilliant, anyone trying to steal your car would find the peddle drop to the floor just as if the cable had parted. The down side is that the thief has done all the damage by the time he finds the car won’t work. I think the company had problems because I haven’t seen the system since.

Good steering wheel devices will slow the thief down and offer a visual deterrent that might make him move on the next car.

Des
Old 15 October 2004, 15:11   #19

Town: Gloucetsreshire
Boat name: GATO DI MARE
Make: MAR.CO
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 200Vmax
MMSI: 235027678
Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
Quote:
The car has been the subject of 7 attempted thefts in the past 6 years ........ The last 3 attempts since October 2003 have been perpetrated by the same gang of local lowlife scum. This bunch of thieves have gone to extraordinary lengths to remove this vehicle, including greasing the closed gates on my driveway to prevent them from squeaking at 2.30 on Tuesday morning.
Where do you live then. In the BRONX, BRIXAM or MANCHESTER?
Manos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2004, 15:21   #20

Town: Brittany/Portsmouth
Boat name: Merlin
Make: Solent 6.5
Engine: 200
MMSI: soon !
Glad you will get your car back anyways Brian. We were really sorry when we heard about the theft.
(Tim that advice was a bit 'central Dub' )
missus