Old 19 October 2008, 15:24   #1

Town: Kent
Boat name: No name
Make: No boat
Length: 5m +
Engine: No boat
Ps3

Hello,
I am considering buying my son a PS3 and wondered what specific bits i would need to buy to connect it to the internet?
All help welcome
Thanks,

Whiteknight
Old 19 October 2008, 17:09   #2

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Engine: Etec 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteknight View Post
Hello,
I am considering buying my son a PS3 and wondered what specific bits i would need to buy to connect it to the internet?
All help welcome
Thanks,

Whiteknight
Assuming you have a router,.. Nothing .. it has an RJ45 connector on it to plug into your router or hub/switch, and its also wireless.. I'm assuming to make the above post means you have an internet connection ?
Old 20 October 2008, 17:35   #3

Town: Kent
Boat name: No name
Make: No boat
Engine: No boat
Ps3

Yep I have a router that i could plug directly into, if not i could use it wireless.
Thanks again
Old 20 October 2008, 19:12   #4

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Engine: Etec 90
Just make sure you get an RJ45 cable then, cos I cant remember if there's one in the box and make sure your router has a spare RJ45 port for it The PS3 updates itself and its game content regularly over the internet ...take it its an 80 Gig one your looking at ?

Some games are only available on line, and cant be bought on disk .. like Warhawk awesome .. plus being as its a blue ray player too .. take it off him when you want watch something in 1080p High Def , and if you dont have a high def 1080p telly you might want to investigate that too ,.. sorry to add to the wish list ,.. but it makes the PS3 what it should be

Not all games are in full 1080p res either, but some of the ones that are like NBA Jam (i think) are awesome and from a few feet away are hard to distinguish from real video .. mind you that could be my ageing vision .....
Old 20 October 2008, 19:58   #5

Town: Poole
Length: no boat
I got a 40Gb PS3 in the summer and almost immediately upgraded the disk to 250gb. It couldn't have been simpler and there's loads of sites on the net that tell how to do it. In fact the disk drive is accessed via a small door on the side of the unit and believe it doesn't invalidate your warranty if you upgrade.

I now have all my music, video and photo's available from my PS3.

So if the higher capacity is your reason for getting the 80gb, maybe get the smaller unit and also get a monster SATA hard drive and he'll think your cool as well