Closed Thread

Old 02 January 2007, 17:48   #1

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Police are useless

We had a very nasty experience a few days ago - at 6.00 am someone tried to batter down our back door. Luckily my brother was staying with us over Christmas - he was already up and had gone into the kitchen to grab a cuppa. He noticed someone in a white "hoodie" by the back door so shouted to warn them off - it was then they decided to attack the door.

I was fast asleep - to make matter worse I have an eye problem so had drops in my eyes and could hardly see a thing. I heard all the shouting and an almighty bang so grabbed a handy weapon and shouted out of a window.

We called the Police and fair play they came in about 5 mins. They had a Police dog but the stupid thing went off in totally the wrong direction. One of the coppers summed it up "we were just finishing our shift". There was a nice set of muddy footprints leading to my house and a muddy handprint on the back door. They refused to send scenes of crime around as "no crime has been commited". They had lifted my side gate off it's hinges to get in but there was no damage done......

The Police actually stopped 2 blokes a few hundred yards away - 1 was wearing a white hoody - all they did was get their names and addresses!!! They ddin't even bother bringing them back to see if the muddy foot or handprints matched.

Both our neighbours were woken by the bang and they saw the bloke in the white hoodie running down the grass bank infront of the houses - the Police didn't even bother asking them.

I made a proper complaint later in the day and they finally sent someone out to check for prints etc 2 days later. If they had been called in time it would have been different. What sort of a country is it where someone can try to kick your door down and the Police don't want to know - bet it would be different if I didn't have tax on the cars though!!!

It WAS a very scary experience - we have NEVER had any trouble around here before. What sort of people try to break into a house knowing it's occupied? It can't be personal because I just don't bother with many people around here and the cars were left alone.

I am now well prepared for them and will give them a very warm welcome - maybe even a free trip on the RIB???
Old 02 January 2007, 18:51   #2

Town: Wilmslow
Boat name: Serotonin
Make: Quicksilver
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mariner 15
Problem is the same in other government departments especially where Blunkett has been involved, workers get bogged down in paper work and have no time left to do the job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02 January 2007, 18:53   #3

Town: Wilmslow
Boat name: Serotonin
Make: Quicksilver
Engine: Mariner 15
good job you didn't catch them they would probably have claimed assault then YOU would have been arrested and the little angels sent off home
Old 02 January 2007, 19:02   #4

Town: Chelmsford/Anglesey
Make: Avon SR/RibLite 3.1m
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda 30hp/Yam 8hp
Sorry to hear that, Codders, that's a particularly nasty incident. I wonder if they were after the keys to your cars. Bashing doors down and knicking car keys is of course a fast growing sport in the UK ever since the advent of more advanced car security devices. I can totally understand the scary experience bit; I was attacked a couple of years ago whilst out pigeon shooting by a crazed anti-fieldsports nutter who actually tried to wrestle a loaded 12-bore out of my hands!! That was scary enough and I had the bloody gun Fair play to the police on that occasion, though, and they even told me I'd have had a fair case if I'd 'accidentally' shot him.

In the US, of course, you would receive a civil commendation for wasting vermin like those at your house last night. Quite a coincidence, really, but on BBC London tonight they were discussing the issue of people leaving London for a better life elsewhere in Britain. The guy interviewed had recently moved to Swansea (!!) and said how friendly the locals were and how he loved walking in the Black Mountains without seeing anyone.

Ah well, peace and goodwill to all men etc. and now let's all join together in welcoming the forthcoming influx of Bulgarians and Romanians into our once green and pleasant land
Old 02 January 2007, 20:39   #5

Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
Codprawn - it was probably some pi$$ed up jack enjoying the festivities, who'd got lost on his way home
Old 02 January 2007, 20:41   #6
RIBnet admin team

Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: Dominator
Make: SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yam 85
MMSI: 235055163
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Davies View Post
Ah well, peace and goodwill to all men etc. and now let's all join together in welcoming the forthcoming influx of Bulgarians and Romanians into our once green and pleasant land
Can I be the one sat on the white cliffs of Dover with an oerlikon as the ferry doors open?

That's seriously scary Codders. At least they won't be stupid enough to come back though if the police have names/addresses.

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Old 02 January 2007, 21:14   #7

Town: Oakley
Boat name: Zerstörer
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: Suzuki DF 140
MMSI: 235050131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downhilldai View Post
Codprawn - it was probably some pi$$ed up jack enjoying the festivities, who'd got lost on his way home
No excuse though.
Old 02 January 2007, 21:15   #8

Hopefully they will never come back - if they do and we are awake they can look out - I don't think many juries these days would convict if someone breaks into your house with violence - public opinion seems to be changing at last!!!
Old 02 January 2007, 21:16   #9

Town: Oakley
Boat name: Zerstörer
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: Suzuki DF 140
MMSI: 235050131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos4r2 View Post
Can I be the one sat on the white cliffs of Dover with an oerlikon as the ferry doors open?

That's seriously scary Codders. At least they won't be stupid enough to come back though if the police have names/addresses.
Sorry Nos, But if past examples are anything to go by the only people that are held to count in the UK now are honest hard working Joe's. Chav on benefits or underage have nothing to worry. labour will probably offer them a Super Guardian to tell them all their rights but not their responsibilities.

Personally I'd just shoot the little s__tes and bury them in a welsh bog..........
Old 02 January 2007, 21:53   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Davies View Post
Sorry to hear that, Codders, that's a particularly nasty incident. I wonder if they were after the keys to your cars. Bashing doors down and knicking car keys is of course a fast growing sport in the UK ever since the advent of more advanced car security devices. I can totally understand the scary experience bit; I was attacked a couple of years ago whilst out pigeon shooting by a crazed anti-fieldsports nutter who actually tried to wrestle a loaded 12-bore out of my hands!! That was scary enough and I had the bloody gun Fair play to the police on that occasion, though, and they even told me I'd have had a fair case if I'd 'accidentally' shot him.

You showed remarkable restraint there - I wouldn't have been so worried with a 12 bore!!!

Yes it should be interesting with even more immigrants thrown into the melting pot - organized crime has never really got off the ground in Britain before - ethnic cleansing will be next - Kosovo here we come....
Old 02 January 2007, 23:34   #11

Town: Galway
Boat name: rockhopper
Make: ballistic
Length: 6m +
Engine: petrol
MMSI: TBC
Uninvited Guests

Codders, get a dog. In fact get a few of them with at least one Jack Russell cos hey wake up for anything and are quite the lad not to give up, also one needs an Alsation for "penetration" and presentation, and top this off with a fast terrier and Bobs your Uncle or perhaps your Aunt if the Terrier gets a hold of it...

We had an interesting case over here which divided the Nation (well it divided it between the people who live in Homes proper and the people who live in homes with wheels.... accompanied at some distance with the do gooders.
It appears the Member of the Travelling community ( I am not sure what the politically correct term is, I am much more sure of what it is not.....) was apparently breaking in to the Farmers home apparently "again" for the umpteenth time and this was too much for the Farmer who it appears was genuinely at his wits end.

Suffice to say that a Gentleman farmer left a "member of the Travelling community" have "both Barrells" and had to go off to get a few more rounds and reload.
Yes the member of the travelling community is now well dead an burried having also been struck"like a Badger" God help a poor badger, some 20 times.
The interesting part to all this is that the gentleman farmer on appeal got off scott free (which many people are delighted about).
I cannot believe that he got off scott free as in my opinion he should not have but perhaps I am not unhappy about that., Its just I cannot believe that the cog has eventually turned to assist that of the Injured party.

So every traveller sems to think that the entire settled comunity is out to get them, along with the Judges, Jury, Police and so on goes the list..
This is not true, Honest, it only 99% looks that way.

So Codders, help must be surely on the way, just give more power to the farmers.....
It all looked like an appaling failure in the system to allow a person shoot to kill, but most people over here think it was just.
Any comments.......
Old 03 January 2007, 00:16   #12

Town: Fareham
Length: 6m +
Aidan

Happens in the UK as well

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...re/3952727.stm

and the famous Tony Martin case

http://www.guardian.co.uk/martin/art...014620,00.html

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Old 03 January 2007, 06:54   #13
RIBnet admin team

RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan View Post
Codders, get a dog. In fact get a few of them with at least one Jack Russell cos hey wake up for anything and are quite the lad not to give up, also one needs an Alsation for "penetration" and presentation, and top this off with a fast terrier and Bobs your Uncle or perhaps your Aunt if the Terrier gets a hold of it...

We had an interesting case over here which divided the Nation (well it divided it between the people who live in Homes proper and the people who live in homes with wheels.... accompanied at some distance with the do gooders.
It appears the Member of the Travelling community ( I am not sure what the politically correct term is, I am much more sure of what it is not.....) was apparently breaking in to the Farmers home apparently "again" for the umpteenth time and this was too much for the Farmer who it appears was genuinely at his wits end.

Suffice to say that a Gentleman farmer left a "member of the Travelling community" have "both Barrells" and had to go off to get a few more rounds and reload.
Yes the member of the travelling community is now well dead an burried having also been struck"like a Badger" God help a poor badger, some 20 times.
The interesting part to all this is that the gentleman farmer on appeal got off scott free (which many people are delighted about).
I cannot believe that he got off scott free as in my opinion he should not have but perhaps I am not unhappy about that., Its just I cannot believe that the cog has eventually turned to assist that of the Injured party.

So every traveller sems to think that the entire settled comunity is out to get them, along with the Judges, Jury, Police and so on goes the list..
This is not true, Honest, it only 99% looks that way.

So Codders, help must be surely on the way, just give more power to the farmers.....
It all looked like an appaling failure in the system to allow a person shoot to kill, but most people over here think it was just.
Any comments.......
Here's a really novel idea for the 'thieving scumbag' community-whoever they may be. It makes no difference to what they live in-while breaking and entering it doesn't matter what your cultural background is.

If you're stealing then you're a thief.

Don't break in and you won't get shot.

It really isn't rocket science...

Old 03 January 2007, 08:37   #14

Town: Stanley, Falkland Is
Boat name: Seawolf
Make: Osprey Vipermax 5.8
Engine: Etec 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos4r2 View Post
Here's a really novel idea for the 'thieving scumbag' community-whoever they may be. It makes no difference to what they live in-while breaking and entering it doesn't matter what your cultural background is.

If you're stealing then you're a thief.

Don't break in and you won't get shot.

It really isn't rocket science...
Agree 100%. And by shooting the ones that break in you will eventually weed out those that are too thick to understand, thereby improving the pikey/scumbag gene pool as well as everybody else's quality of life. A sales executive would call that a win-win situation

Sent from my Computer, using a keyboard and mouse
Old 03 January 2007, 08:46   #15
RIBnet admin team

RIBase

I possibly should have added 'Don't break in to somewhere you already know has a number of shotguns on the premises

These idiots couldn't win a battle of wits with a woodlouse.

Hey, can I be Prime Minister?

Old 03 January 2007, 11:27   #16

Town: Poole
Length: no boat
Codders

Sorry to hear about the break-in.

Maybe move to England it's a whole lot better over here. Chances are in England it would have been the police breaking in as you probably have a foreign accent ( Welsh ) suspecting you of plotting to blow up some holiday homes .

Chances are the toss-pot will try it somewhere else, get arrested, and let off with a caution.

Regards

Mark
Old 03 January 2007, 12:14   #17
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Good to hear that the collective voice of tolerance and reason is alive and well for the New Year.

Once again, if you want to continue this discussion then www.wtf.com is the place to go.

John