Click Here to Login

Old 03 December 2004, 13:19   #21

Town: Gloucetsreshire
Boat name: GATO DI MARE
Make: MAR.CO
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 200Vmax
MMSI: 235027678
Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
In this one I use ROTVAIL (I know is not spelled like this but sounds like it) catriges MAGNUM and oh boy it does make a bang
Is a very light gun as I said and I think is also used by the US police but with the shorter barrel version.
Manos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 December 2004, 13:39   #22

Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMe
nice looking piece with their trademark golden snipe - I think it's a snipe, on the butt.
I thought they engraved all sorts of wild life/ birds on their guns, depending what the gun was used for shooting (in general)... in my case it would be just clear sky.....
Old 03 December 2004, 13:51   #23

Town: Gloucetsreshire
Boat name: GATO DI MARE
Make: MAR.CO
Engine: Yamaha 200Vmax
MMSI: 235027678
Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
The Franchi when it came originaly had a proper triangle end but it was some shot of plastic similar to the Mosburg.
Now I have fitted the the short grip, the thing that unfolds and holds it steady on your arm and the magazine on top.
Manos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2005, 17:29   #24

Town: Alton
Boat name: Arrow Flight
Make: Humber Destroyer
Length: 7m +
Engine: Mercury 175 EFI
MMSI: 235026883
Quote:
Originally Posted by eupa
An ex Sabena pilot sent me these . They are actual . The Iberia pilot did not program his computer correctly...... the second one - well that could happen to anybody.....

Jonathan
Having just emerged from my Christmas hibernation, I was just catching up on all the posts and came across this one. For anyone who wants more info on the Iberia picture you can find it at www.airliners.net. The picture reference is 163613 and this link http://www.airliners.net/search/phot...=246659,163613
provides a comparison of a normal approach to Barcelona r/w 20.

With the best will in the world Jonathan, this has nothing to do with wrongly programming a computer. He's just low on the approach. How he got there, only they will know.

There are many misunderstandings about commercial aircraft and how they take-off and land. For example, many folks think the aircraft take-off and land automatically all the time.
I am not aware of any commercial aircraft in revenue service that does an automatic take-off. Even in 125 metres visibility, it's hand flown to at least the lowest autopilot engagement height (100 ft above ground for the Airbus). The only automatic aspect is the control of engine thrust by the auto-thrust computer.
As for landing, I would estimate that in excess of 98% of landings in aircraft that are Autoland capable, are hand flown. Why? Because pilots like what they do and hand flying an airplane for approach and landing is like driving a RIB - it's fast, requires a degree of knowledge and skill, is rewarding when you get it right and 'Practice Makes Perfect' in honing your skills. Probably what our man from Iberia is doing in the picture.

Autoland is usually only done when the weather (low visibility) requires it or for training purposes. To autoland, the aircraft and the runway have to have the right kit, it all has to be switched on and working and the crew have to be qualified, certain protections have to be in place to prevent the radio beams being interfered with and the airport landing rate is consequently reduced. All of these factors mean an Autoland is fairly rare. When it does happen, the bigger aircraft and better airlines have a slight edge because they've made the investment and their kit supports lower visibilities. 400 metres visibility and everbody gets in, 75 metres and only the serious players are left - with their kit they don't even need to see the ground to land. The only reason for a limit of 75 metres is so they can find an exit from the runway and stand a chance of being able to taxi to their parking gate without hitting anything or anyone.

I hope that sheds a few of the myths. Happy New Year to all!

P.S. Not sure how this thread got onto shooting, but Riga city center in Latvia has an ex-Russian nuclear bunker converted to a firing range. You can fire whatever like up to and including Uzzi, Heckler & Koch, AK -47 and .44 magnum. The owner is ex-Spetnaz but he's put on a little weight! 9mm ammo is 40p ea. and 7.62 60p ea. Targets are free and instruction is available for those of a nervous disposition. In broad terms, £25 for half an hour of something you can't do in very many places around the world.
Old 10 January 2005, 19:38   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outnabout
....of something you can't do in very many places around the world.
You've never been to Jo'berg then...? Regular Saturday night entertainment for free... just remember to keep yer 'ed down
Old 21 January 2005, 10:46   #26

Town: Brittany
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outnabout
£25 for half an hour of something you can't do in very many places around the world.
Or almost anywhere in America, my son & I went to a 'range' in Las Vegas last year & fired 200 rounds in total, from a .45 automatic pistol, .44 Magum, an AK-47 & an Uzzi, total cost was about $80.
Old 21 January 2005, 11:46   #27

Town: Manchester - Abersoc
Boat name: MeMe
Make: SeaPro 595CC
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mercury 115 4S
Send a message via MSN to MeMe
Same in Damascus......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono
You've never been to Jo'berg then...? Regular Saturday night entertainment for free... just remember to keep yer 'ed down
.......whilst there a few months ago during local elections, each eveing a whole load of rag'heads would appear with AK's and let of 1000's of rounds into the air.

Some one once told me that the bullet hits it's target before the shell ejects and falls to the ground. The same "boffin" also advised that a falling bullet was just as able to kill someone if it hit them on the head ! Sounds about right !
Old 21 January 2005, 16:14   #28

Town: Dublin.
Boat name: Tender 2.
Make: Valiant DR 600
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150 Optimax
MMSI: coming soon !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manos
I agree with the chocolate and the fire arms.
I am the proud owner of a FRAGOT (bellonged to my father), twin barell shot gun.
I learned to shout with this one when I was 11-12 years old.
I bet "shouting" really scares them Manos
Old 22 January 2005, 13:10   #29

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
I don't agree with the Chocolate OR the firearms!!!

The chocolate tends to be dark I prefer milk - nothing beats a flake!!!

As to guns yes Belgium produces some great guns but whilst on the subject of SPORTING weapons maybe Purdey - Holland and Holland etc deserve a mention???

Something a lot of people aren't aware of - heckler and koch are actually a British company now!!!

And the less said about British gun laws the better.......
Old 23 January 2005, 09:48   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
Something a lot of people aren't aware of - heckler and koch are actually a British company now!!!..
....No it isn't. It was sold back to the Germans in 2002..
Old 23 January 2005, 13:00   #31

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono
....No it isn't. It was sold back to the Germans in 2002..
You are quite right - for some reason BAe mention it on their site but H+K don't on theirs - strange!!! It was sold back to the management so Bae could concentrate on their core business.

Sold back to the Germans isn't quite right - sold to the management is - a lot of the managers were British!!!
Old 23 January 2005, 18:42   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
...Sold back to the Germans isn't quite right - sold to the management is - a lot of the managers were British!!!
...but, in December 2002, was sold to Heckler & Koch Beteiligungs GmbH, a German registered company established for the purpose of its acquisition. The company has its headquarters in Oberndorf, Germany, where 630 of its 700 employees are based.....

...'bout as British as the Monarchy
Old 24 January 2005, 20:05   #33

Town: NIVELLES BELGIUM
Boat name: INDEPENDENT
Make: BWM RAPIER
Engine: Ob 2*250/2t yams hpd
MMSI: 235030702
"With the best will in the world Jonathan, this has nothing to do with wrongly programming a computer. He's just low on the approach. How he got there, only they will know. "

Sorry - but my information was - that the pilot was overweight - and also had put "bad" info in the computer- he was on take off and neraly hit the container truck.

jonathan