Old 07 March 2007, 20:50   #1

Town: Principalite d'Chaos
Boat name: The Nashers Revenge!
Make: Windsor Brothers
Length: 6m +
Engine: Optimax 225
MMSI: "Mmmmm SI" she said!
More computer help needed.

A while ago I upgraded to Girlfriend 1.0 from Drinking Mates 4.2 which I had used for years without any trouble. However, there are apparently conflicts between these two products, and the only solution was to try and run Girlfriend 1.0 with the sound turned off.

To make matters worse, Girlfriend 1.0 is incompatable with several other appplications, such as Lads Night Out 3.1, and Playboy 6.9.

Successive versions of Girlfriend proved no better. A shareware program, Party Girl 2.1, which I tried, had many bugs and left a virus in my system, forcing me to shut down completely for several weeks.

Eventually I tried to run Girlfriend 1.2 and Girlfriend 1.0 at the same time, only to discover that when these two systems detect each other they caused severe damage to my hardware.

I then upgraded to Fiance 1.0, but this product soon had to be upgraded to Wife 1.0. While Wife 1.0 uses up all available resources, it does come with Freesex Plus and Cleanhouse 2003.

Shortly after this upfrade, however, I found that Wife 1.0 can be very unstable and costly to run. Any mistakes I made were automatically stored in Wife 1.0's memory and could not be deleted. They then resurfaced months later when I had forgotten about them.

Wife 1.0 also has an automatic Diary and E-mail filter, and can, without warning, launch TurboStrop and WhingeExcel. These latter products have no Help files, and I have to guess what the problem is.

Additional problems are that Wife 1.0 needs updating regularly, requiring ShoeShop Browser for new attachments and HairstyleExpress which needs to be reinstalled every other week.

Also when Wife 1.0 attaches itself to my 4x4 hard drive it often crashes. Wife 1.0 also comes with a rather annoying pop-up called mother-in -law, which cannot be turned off.

Recently I've been tempted to install Mistress 2007, but there could be problems. A friend of mine has alerted me to the fact that if Wife 1.0 detects Mistress 2007, it tends to delete all of your Money files before uninstalling itself.

Help, anyone?
Old 07 March 2007, 22:13   #2

Town: Exmouth, Devon
Length: no boat
It's well known that Mistress 2007 and Wife 1.0 are incompatible.

However, once Wife 1.0 is deleted, Mistress 2007 can be ugraded to Wife 2.0

Before you upgrade to Wife 2.0 you should try out LadsNightOut v4.0, BeerMonster98 (the retro version is so much better) and also Whoopee 2008 (beta available for download)

However, you may also find that by not installing Mistress 2007 and loading Honeymoon2.0 that Wife1.0 responds much better. It may also help remove some of the history storage problems. You should also increase your own memory to ensure that you don't lose any important data and you will always need backup. I don't recommend trying VoyeurXP (or any version come to that) as Wife1.0 will amost certainly freeze everything, especially FreeSex Plus.

Pop-ups lke MIL can be reduced with PutDownSE and ColdShoulder (MegaChill Edition)

For TurboStrop and WhingExcel you need to run the auto-diagnostic routines. Although the results can be verbose, be careful not to ignore the minor warnings - these can often have a bigger effect than the main highlights.

Finally, if all else fails install GardenShed3D together with TinniesMX and isolate all other processes.

(PS RugRats2.4 cannot be deleted and will always be worth any time spent)
Old 07 March 2007, 22:29   #3

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
A reboot cures most problems - failing that I have a good friend called Suse!!!
Old 07 March 2007, 22:30   #4

Make: HumberOceanOffshore
Length: 8m +
Engine: Volvo KAD300/DPX

Very good.
Old 08 March 2007, 08:46   #5

Some more information to help solve my problems.

The hardware on which I run Wife 1.0 has not been specified for use in a salt mist envirionment and Wife 1.0 help menu suggests that a hardware upgrade may be required. It suggests this upgrade should have been carried out earlier to ensure the upgrade to Wife 1.0 from Girlfriend 2.3 goes smoothly. There is an add on that will do this at the correct time known as Pete 7.0.

Coupled with this is the amount of data traffic between Wife 1.0 and next.com The output from this data traffic is an abundance of Blue plastic bags in the rubbish bin when you arrive home at night.

Nasher
Old 08 March 2007, 09:07   #6

Town: Nutbourne
Boat name: Renegade
Make: Porter
Engine: 140 Tohatsu
MMSI: 235022904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasher View Post
A friend of mine has alerted me to the fact that if Wife 1.0 detects Mistress 2007, it tends to delete all of your Money files before uninstalling itself.

Help, anyone?
Nasher.

Mistress 2007 may be compatible if you find that ToyBoy 18 or Lover 1 (or above) have been installed by any version of Wife.

If any of the above are installed, you must be very carefull not to upload or download any viruses.

Note: FreeSex Plus can become unstable with some Vibro(tm) hardware products unless used in a gaming environment.
Old 08 March 2007, 10:39   #7

Mark

Are you suggesting installing Mistress 2007 and ToyBoy 18 at the same time alongside Wife 1.0?
I'm not sure my Hardware could handle the 'all at once' approach, and I'm worried that Mistress 2007 and Toyboy 18 may be more compatible together than Wife 1.0. Regardless of the recent issues Wife 1.0 has been reliable in the past and I'm quite attached to it.

I wonder if running multiple versions of Mistress alongside Wife 1.0 is any worse than running multiple versions of Girlfriend, pre Wife 1.0?

I do understand that outside certain states in the USA and other cultures running multiple versions of wife is illegal.

I will need to make a buisness trip to China soon so will look out for a copy of the new 'compact' version of Mistress 2007. Hopefully there will be no compatability issues with my UK hardware as long as it is well covered by virus protection.

Nasher.
Old 08 March 2007, 12:48   #8

Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Length: 9m +
Nasher, I have found next.com very unstable, products constantly have to be returned to the manufacturers for different pattern. Thankfully they do a collection service using the tear off lables supplied for this purpose. Problem is they only call at 7.30 am on Saturdays

Also be aware that Little-people.org can grow alarmingly leaving lots of redundant clogs.ft files around. However your workshop should benefit from the rags.doc

Viv installing puppies.biz at the moment

Pete
Old 08 March 2007, 14:32   #9

Town: Near Pompey
Boat name: I call it Bloody RIB
Make: God Knows
Engine: Ask Him
If Wife 1.0 detects a misuse of hardware, this will result in a fatal error for ExHusband 1.0

The recent installation of Lifeinsurance 5.3 will compensate for this by making operating procedures much easier for Wife1.0 after the fatal error has occured.

Mrs Nasher
Old 08 March 2007, 14:36   #10

Town: Nutbourne
Boat name: Renegade
Make: Porter
Engine: 140 Tohatsu
MMSI: 235022904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Nasher View Post
If Wife 1.0 detects a misuse of hardware, this will result in a fatal error for ExHusband 1.0

The recent installation of Lifeinsurance 5.3 will compensate for this by making operating procedures much easier for Wife1.0 after the fatal error has occured.

Mrs Nasher