Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > Other stuff
Click Here to Login

Old 14 June 2011, 15:43   #1

Town: Portsmouth
Length: no boat
Marshal Boats Required - Clipper Round The World Yacht Race Start July 31

The Clipper 11-12 Round The World Yacht Race is starting from Southampton on July 31. The ten race yachts will depart Ocean Village Marina between 1330-1400 after a shore based departure ceremony. At 1430 the yachts will then group together near Mayflower Park before they head in formation down Southampton Water for the official Race start at 1630 using the RYS line. Depending upon the wind direction the racing yachts will undertake a short windward leg to the west before coming back past Cowes and leaving the Solent via the forts to the east.

We are asking for volunteers with suitable motor boats and RIBS to act as official marshal boats. If you are interested in volunteering and you have RIB available that is bigger than 5.75m that is also fitted with VHF please email racestartflotilla@clipper-ventures.com . The driver will be required to have a VHF licence and PB2 qualification or higher. The marshal RIBS will be placed under the command of the Chief Marshal and will be required to fly official flags which will be supplied. A contribution will be made to your fuel.

If you are just interested joining the flotilla of spectator boats that will follow the fleet from Southampton then email your details and your boats details to the same email address and we shall send you joining instructions closer to the time.
Old 14 June 2011, 16:23   #2
KJH

Town: mornington
Boat name: Tigger
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki 140hp
Hi joff
Try contacting cjl on here or look him up on the website, northen exposure rescue, he may be able to help you, all his crews are rya saftey boat trained and have vhf radio licenses. hope that helps.
Keith
Old 14 June 2011, 17:46   #3
CJL

Town: London/Oxford
Make: Ribcrafts
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150hp/2x115hp
MMSI: 235090215
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to CJL
Thanks Keith!

Joff, drop me an email, we can muster up quite a few boats for you.

Chris
Old 15 June 2011, 08:52   #4
RAD

Town: Essex
Boat name: Club Boat
Length: no boat
Engine: Yam 40hp
I'd love to come and view the start, I have the PB2 and VHF certs (as well as PBI), so if anyone has a space or I'll bring our Rib down to join the flotilla.
Old 15 June 2011, 20:32   #5

Town: Oxford
Boat name: The Boss
Make: Avon
Length: 5m +
Engine: Outboard petrol 100h
I'd like to he kept informed would love to be about that day and see the action and maybe help if I can, I've sent my details