Old 25 June 2006, 22:12   #21
exspyrd trayd membir

Town: inn wiliks hed
Make: Redbay 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: Twin Etec 90hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverbird
Hugh Jordan Jono & Mullholland and jono garton in my opinion are just like a couple of little kids.
aparrt fromm de naim spellin i sea dat maffs aynt yorr stronngppoynt eiver

i fink emigrasun waz de rite fing too doo

gaRf
Old 25 June 2006, 22:40   #22
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Quote:
I would just like to put my pennies worth in here.I have recently given up writing anything on this website,even though i do still click on stuff and read peoples posts.
Sorry you feel this way. Don't give up on us just yet!
Quote:
The reasons i have started to dislike this site is . . .
Well, I agree with some of what you say, but not all of it. Have you looked at this thread on the subject? If you haven't then please do because some of your points have been covered at length.

Some people complain that I am too controlling, and some say I'm not doing enough. In fact your post is so timely that I fully expect to be accused of putting you up to it!
Quote:
At first i thought that the reason John Kennett never said anything was because these people where bronze or trade members and he did not want to alienate people who where paying to use the services of his site.
Nope. They take their chances like everyone else!
Quote:
But hey i am glad to see that he has decided to start acting upon these tactics irrespective of the type of member you are.
I hope this site goes from strenghth to strength but unfortuntely i for one will not be posting here very often.
From the other thread: "I do my best, but you can't please all the people all the time". Might get some T-shirts made with that on!

John
Old 26 June 2006, 08:05   #23

Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Quote:
I would just like to put my pennies worth in here.I have recently given up writing anything on this website,even though i do still click on stuff and read peoples post....blah, blah, blah..i for one will not be posting here very often.
For someone who has given up writing on here, you sure have a lot to say for yourself.......
Old 26 June 2006, 08:50   #24

Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
Quote:
I would just like to put my pennies worth in here. etc etc etc
feel free to express your opinions as i am sure you are not alone, it is good to stand up and be counted from time to time

hopefully if you check my posts i have not..

had a go at leeway on his thread, if fact if have said complimentary things about him and wish him every success

pounced on new members trying to ridicule them, only had a bit of fun at codders and choppppppppppywaters, and maybe a couple of others but not many i dont think. Most of my posts are helpful, feel free to analyse them if you want.

the others that i tease and banter with are actually my friends and they give as good back if not worse

you mention an click but not quite true as never met many of the folks on here like jono and jono garton, soon to change this weekend though. mollers by the way is a great chap and now wears a skirt and had the op, walks funny and goes by the name of alice.

dont give up on here as there are not many folks from the usa, feel free to express your opinions......i for one will not be offended in the slightest
Old 26 June 2006, 09:36   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jardon
hopefully if you check my posts i have not..

had a go at leeway on his thread, if fact if have said complimentary things about him and wish him every success

pounced on new members trying to ridicule them, only had a bit of fun at codders and choppppppppppywaters, and maybe a couple of others but not many i dont think. Most of my posts are helpful, feel free to analyse them if you want.
..actually, now Hugh’s mentioned it…I haven’t ever “pounced” on a new member (ooh err missus) either… Perhaps your perception is a little clouded? Check it out.

I certainly admit to having a go at Leeway.. I don’t like liars and that’s that.. he lied on this and I think another forum and didn’t have the sense to retract or apologise. I’m not going to apologise to you for taking that stance. If you find that kind of behaviour acceptable, then it’s more of a reflection on you than me…..

Codders is a different kettle of Haddock altogether… you may be taken in, or even amused, by the amount of “Google” wisdom that comes from him, but I’m not…. I’m sure that he means absolutely no harm, though…

As for the rest of your “opinion” and insults… you can shove ‘em where the Sun don’t shine… or as the “T” shirts says “F***k Off..I’ve got enough Friends”….
Old 26 June 2006, 10:36   #26

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Liverbird is merely expressing in public the sentiments of many of the PMs I have received from others.

He mentioned his feelings quite some time ago - I persuaded him to stick with it. I wonder how many other people have dipped in and then vanished because of all the nastiness???
Old 26 June 2006, 11:05   #27

Feck’ it… Matt was right all along.. for those who remember his “tag line”…..
Old 26 June 2006, 11:22   #28
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono
or as the “T” shirts says “F***k Off..I’ve got enough Friends”….
Just as well by the sounds of things!

Bad weekend eh?

John
Old 26 June 2006, 11:30   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kennett
Bad weekend eh?

John
You know it ! ... but a lot cheaper than if I had come down to the boat... if you know what I mean...
Old 26 June 2006, 16:31   #30
Now back to being Mollers!

Town: Arundel
Boat name: Mike Bravo 1
Make: Scorp
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yanmar 300
Quote:
.Hugh Jordan Jono & Mullholland and jono garton in my opinion are just like a couple of little kids.They are just waiting for someone to post something wrong or even a simple question which to a newcomer may be a legitimate thing but they all seem to be just waiting to pounce.
Eh Liver-Bird, don't lump me in with with that bunch. I may struggle to take very much seriously, but you won't find me being bullish, offensive or having a pop at new members. Or, poncing for that matter. I had a brief spat one eve which resulted in bans for others involved. I also became slightly aggitated at the lack of hard evidence re. the Codvessel. I agree with you to a degree over the Leeway saga. But as for bullying new members? No way. I don't remember any contributions from yourself, informative or otherwise.
Old 26 June 2006, 17:28   #31

Town: San Carlos, Mexico
Boat name: INDE
Make: LOMAC 730
Length: 7m +
Engine: 200 Merc.
MMSI: Please press 1
Send a message via Skype™ to Limey Linda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice
Eh Liver-Bird, don't lump me in with with that bunch. I may struggle to take very much seriously, but you won't find me being bullish, offensive or having a pop at new members. Or, poncing for that matter. I had a brief spat one eve which resulted in bans for others involved. I also became slightly aggitated at the lack of hard evidence re. the Codvessel. I agree with you to a degree over the Leeway saga. But as for bullying new members? No way. I don't remember any contributions from yourself, informative or otherwise.
Hi Alice, Thanks for your posts, I enjoy them. It's Ok to be a polite nutter.
Regards, T.
Old 26 June 2006, 19:31   #32

Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice
......., but you won't find me being bullish, offensive or having a pop at new members. ........................ But as for bullying new members? No way. .............

What happened here then Alice, my dear?
http://www.rib.net/forum/showpost.ph...93&postcount=8
Old 26 June 2006, 19:40   #33
Now back to being Mollers!

Town: Arundel
Boat name: Mike Bravo 1
Make: Scorp
Engine: Yanmar 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downhilldai
What happened here then Alice, my dear?
http://www.rib.net/forum/showpost.ph...93&postcount=8
I wondered who'd dig that up. Well, that was a particular kind of prat, whom enjoyed attention of any kind. Last heard of boasting and talking bollox on Boatmad.
Old 26 June 2006, 19:44   #34

Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
alice, you might as well change your boat in your profile to something decent now!!!!
Old 26 June 2006, 19:46   #35

Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
Sorry - couldn't stop myself there
Old 27 June 2006, 03:10   #36

Town: Punta gorda Fl.
Boat name: War Machine
Make: Falcon U.S.A.
Engine: twin 250 Yamaha
As a casual observer and intermittent poster I think this forum is fairly normal when compared to society overall, probably above average. I think Cod was subjected to some criticism due to his exposure, who is this man with a opinion about nearly everything? Who posts so much? His evasiveness regarding his personal life added a aura of mystery, the delay in receiving his boat lead some people to post negative comments, those people are eating "CROW" today. I don't think Hugh was particularly hard on Cod, just more interested than most, but then I may not have read all posts and this is just my opinion. I think some people may be thin-skinned, consider this, you are on the pc, reading comments from people who are hundreds or thousands of miles away who you do not know and are not likely to ever meet, they have little to no impact on your life, why get upset? One way to end this thread and any controversy, treat people how you would like to be treated, post accordingly. Some of the "negativity" expressed is what is referred to as "Ball Busting" in my neck of the woods, teasing people you have affection for or are comfortable with, as on this forum... one parting thought... Don't take life too seriously, it's only temporary..
Old 02 July 2006, 20:58   #37

Town: Pwllheli-North Wales
Boat name: V-ONE
Make: Highfield
Engine: Honda 250hp
Quote:
I have recently given up writing anything on this website
Should this read -

"mmmm I have recently given up writing anything on this website because mmmmmm I was convicted for robbing mmmmm the local off license in true mmmmm scouse mmmmm fashion with me mums tights on me head"
Old 02 July 2006, 21:33   #38
GED

Town: CONWY/CORFU
Boat name: The Full Morty II
Make: Air Craft/Shakespere
Engine: Etec 300hp/Etec150hp
mr garton

There you go .. slagging off us scousers again mr Garton....let me remind you, who was loading a transit van, only last night! with a small shipment .
Old 02 July 2006, 21:37   #39

Town: Pwllheli-North Wales
Boat name: V-ONE
Make: Highfield
Engine: Honda 250hp
did the goods travel ok?

I nearly suffocated with that johnny on my head

"the small shipment was a scrap dinghy from the back of my office, allthough it was mistaken for a Pro Sport for a while"
Old 03 July 2006, 07:03   #40

Town: Somerset
Make: Halmatic P22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150 Diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono Garton
Should this read -

"mmmm I have recently given up writing anything on this website because mmmmmm I was convicted for robbing mmmmm the local off license in true mmmmm scouse mmmmm fashion with me mums tights on me head"

What do you call a scouser wearing a suit and tie?

The accused...