Old 27 April 2008, 23:35   #1

Town: cornwall
Boat name: nothing
Make: rib eye 430
Length: 4m +
Engine: tatsu 50
MMSI: 666
cheaper fuel ??

this was posted on another forum sound like an interesting idea and has sparked some debate over there , I think its been about for a while .

See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it

121 pence a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying £1.50 A ltr.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT,whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have=20 conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take more aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol cost down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:
For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't wimp out at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted. If it goes one level further, you guessed it... ....

THREE HUNDRED MILLIONPEOPLE!!!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.(not to buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION=20 people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8days!!! Acting together we can make a difference . If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES
It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Mo rrisons Jet etc.
i.e. boycott BP and Esso
Old 28 April 2008, 01:31   #2

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
NO NO NO a million times NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When are people going to get it into their heads that the main problem is TAX TAX TAX???

Current price of petrol in the UK before TAX is 42p per litre - yes even with the high oil price it's 42p - I could live with that!!!
Old 28 April 2008, 07:33   #3

Town: Bucks
Boat name: Blue & Ding Dong
Make: Ribeye,SR4 & Bombard
Length: 6m +
Engine: 115,50 & 15Hp Yams
Esso & BP will only then sell more fuel to the supermarkets & smaller outlets! As yet I do not think Tesco's has got in to drilling for oil!

Codders, I do not like paying so much for fuel & now us my wifes Golf more instead of my D3 as It is now £100 to fill mine!
But if we do not pay the tax on fuel where do you suggest it is payed, as this spendthrift government has run out of money as it is & could not continue spending money so wisely if it did not get the taxes in!
Old 28 April 2008, 12:28   #4

This chain letter obviously originated in the USA. They hate the fact that a British oil company owns the biggest US oil fields!!! They fail to realise that it was their bumbling idiot of a president was responsible for pushing up the price of oil in the first place. Also BP does NOT set the oil price.

Considering oil is now about $120 a barrel - the oil companies pay tax on the crude they get - they have to find it - extract it - refine it - distribute it and sell it all for 42p - Bargain!!! It's the 72p the government gets for doing bugger all that annoys me!!!

I agree they are hardly likely to reduce it now - they are in a hole so deep they will never get out...............
Old 28 April 2008, 20:35   #5

Town: East Coast
Make: Chaudron 33
Engine: Black uns
MMSI: dunno wot this iz
Keep the price of fuel up,
We make Subsea Christmas trees, we've never been this busy in 20 years.
Just do what we did, our runabout car Clio diesel with superchip 75 miles to the gallon and £35 tax.
Its cheaper to run than my GSXR1100.

gaZ
Old 28 April 2008, 21:31   #6

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinddog View Post
Keep the price of fuel up,
We make Subsea Christmas trees, we've never been this busy in 20 years.
Good for you .. what about the rest of us
Old 28 April 2008, 22:21   #7

Codders what you say is what i thought was the case . I don't follow it as closely as you but the government tells us that its the oil price not the tax . i Was just interested what people here made of it . Its not me who wrote pass it on on it

So what does Gorgon they do with all that fuel revenue ?? Oh yes I remember the last purchase was northern rock .
My collection of Ferrari's is growing well from Shell so there is always a bright side Its probably worth about £299 now
Old 29 April 2008, 02:18   #8

Wasn't meant as a go at you Ian - it's just annoys me so much that the REAL culprits get away with it!!!

I reckon the petrol stations should display 2 prices - the one before tax and the one after

£0.42 - £1.20

i think people may just realise then................
Old 29 April 2008, 16:49   #9

Town: East Coast
Make: Chaudron 33
Engine: Black uns
MMSI: dunno wot this iz
How can they justify that much tax?

At least Dick Turpin wore a hood when he robbed!!

gaZ
Old 29 April 2008, 23:49   #10

I understand that the powers that be have made it illegal for the fuel retailers to itemise the duty/VAT/ fuel ratio on there receipts, the only thing that they are allowed to show is the VAT. I think if the retailers showed how much duty there was on every sale there would be an uprising.

Now forgive me if I'm wrong but I thought it was illegal to charge tax on tax, however the government puts duty(tax) on fuel and then charges VAT on top.

Its a clever game the government play , keep the workers heads down working to make ends meet then the average punter never really has time to see the full picture of whats happening .

All you hear in the news etc is "the credit crunch" who really knows what that means , but it is for sure making people spend less, credit and public spending was the last big problem in the news .
Old 30 April 2008, 01:27   #11

You are right there - they aren't allowed to tell us how much tax we are really paying!!!

I am seriously starting to wonder about all the so called traffic calming schemes and the way traffic lights have been altered to stop traffic at every set. I thought it was to force people to give up their cars - now I wonder if it's just to make us use even more fuel.

In Swansea you now have traffic lights every few hundred yards and you are forced to stop at every one - think of all that extra fuel being used - think of all that extra tax being collected................
Old 30 April 2008, 19:38   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn View Post
You are right there - they aren't allowed to tell us how much tax we are really paying!!!

I am seriously starting to wonder about all the so called traffic calming schemes and the way traffic lights have been altered to stop traffic at every set. I thought it was to force people to give up their cars - now I wonder if it's just to make us use even more fuel.

In Swansea you now have traffic lights every few hundred yards and you are forced to stop at every one - think of all that extra fuel being used - think of all that extra tax being collected................

The so called gateway zone into Cornwall does the same thing , 50 limit on an open road with overtaking lanes up all the hills . people then drive at 40 nobody is in top gear and you end up overtaking up hill using more fuel .