Old 04 August 2007, 16:04   #1

Town: Fareham
Length: 6m +
Change of careers.

As some of you know I have recently changed jobs in the last 4 months. I have been working a night and Day continental shift pattern which is starting to put a little stain on married life.

I enjoy it working on the maintenance team and don't mind a continental shift pattern, just that the nights are hard for the family to adjust to.

I was hopeful that my company could transfer me to a day pattern but seems like this isn't possible now.

So.....I find myself looking for a different job, again.

I would like to try something a little different, a new direction perhaps. I'm determind to find a new career/horizon.

A little bit about myself:

I'm a mechanical engineer, fitting experience and machining skills. Am a good learner and always willing to give something a go.

If anyone knows of something, that might be suitable for someone that has 25 years experience in the Engineering manufactuing/maintenance enviroment in the local area between Southampton and Portsmouth then I would certainly like to here from you. I have an updated CV waiting to be sent to any interested parties.

Sorry if this sounds like a begging letter but I would like to find something possibly in the Marine world and thought RIBnet would be a good place to start my search.

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 August 2007, 18:49   #2

Town: Enfield/Switzerland
Boat name: Zonneschijn II/Vixen
Make: Shakespeare/Avon
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evin' 175 DI /Yam 90
MMSI: 235055605
Can't be of any help Andy, but good luck to you!

I hope you find the kind of thing you are looking for.
Old 07 August 2007, 18:53   #3

Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
yes good luck andy, not sure what a continental shift pattern is but i used to do 12 hrs on 12hrs off for 4 days then 4 nights so i know how much of a strain shifts can be

good luck
Old 27 August 2007, 02:16   #4

Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
[QUOTE=Hightower;212489]

A good mech tech is hard to find and they are a treasured species offshore. The moneys evry good too about 5 a month after tax. If your interested I'd happily submit your CV to our company It's a month on month off rolling contract

A little closer to your home but still out of your comfort zone is Johnny Tugboat who runs 4 tugs out of Poole his business is thriving and he could do with a class act (which he is himself) If that interests you then I'll pass his number on to you

What i have found is that the commercial marine provides a better living than the leisure marine world.

Also There a forum which I think is called boatdesignforum you might find a connection there
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote