Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > Other stuff
Click Here to Login

Old 19 March 2005, 19:40   #1

Make: Ribtec
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yamaha F225
Bloody Great Fishes are Wales

Well done to the Welsh. Even the most ardent Irish supporters can't begrudge Wales their victory celebrations tonight. The first half Welsh opportunistic try by Gethin Jenkins was crucial, but equally so were the deflected drop goal by Gavin Henson and his penalty off the post in the first half. This first half lead proved unassailable despite the best efforts of BOD, Maggs, Dempsey & Murphy etc.

Stuart, you have earned the right to do unspeakable things to your inflatable sheep tonight.

England look impressive with the ball in the backs and, despite some stuttering moments, ran out worthy winners against the Sweaties. England's individual brilliance is not currently matched collectively and when that does happen, I believe that England will re-assert themselves in a European context. Everybody else, in the meantime, has already played catch up big style.

I managed to get a decent turn on both games, which repaired the damage done when England failed to record a second half score against France.

It's ironic that the missing component from the Welsh physiology can be found advertised on their shirts ! Have a great night all those whose spiritual home is to the west of the River Severn. If you beat the French at the Stade de France, you deserve it.
Old 19 March 2005, 19:48   #2

Wupps, I seem to have posted this on the joke thread in error. No slur intended to anyone, just a bit of overexuberance down at the local hostelry.....
Old 19 March 2005, 20:00   #3

Town: Reading
Make: None
Length: under 3m
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteshoes
Wupps, I seem to have posted this on the joke thread in error. No slur intended to anyone, just a bit of overexuberance down at the local hostelry.....
Sorted.
Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2005, 00:41   #4

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
At least I now have a name for my boat when in finally arrives - "Grand Slam!" of course!!!!
Old 10 May 2005, 16:32   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
At least I now have a name for my boat when in finally arrives - "Grand Slam!" of course!!!!
Is it true that you've delayed the delivery since 2003 'cos you didn't want to call it "Wooden Spoon" ?
Old 10 May 2005, 20:58   #6

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteshoes
Is it true that you've delayed the delivery since 2003 'cos you didn't want to call it "Wooden Spoon" ?
Ah you may laugh but when this RIB finally arrives it will KICK ASS(mine probably)!!!
Old 10 May 2005, 21:02   #7

Town: Newport
Make: Avon Rover 3.4
Length: 3m +
Engine: Merc 15hp F/S
Is there someone out there with a boat that performs brilliantly when working but is always broken down? if so call it "Wilkinson". If someone has a boat that looks lovely in the catalogue but is useless when it comes to the rough stuff call it "Guscott". If someone has a boat that is full to the top of the tubes with sh*t makes an incessant whining noise, no A-frame or anything else up top and wants to call it a ridiculous name call it " Austin Heally".
Old 10 May 2005, 22:19   #8

What about an orange boat with no pedigree, a pair of large grab handles on each side, with poor straight line speed, indecisive handling and lack of control in the turn, where the helmsman feels the only option is to boot it ?

Neil Jenkins