Old 29 June 2007, 21:22   #21

Town: Dorset
Boat name: Pending
Make: Pending
Length: no boat
Biggle's,
I agree totally in the sense that they might be a 'more of a nice place to live' but 'politicly' i think if you ask the folk's who live there they probably think they are all F**ked up too, the only place's i have never heard anyone really moan about is;
Austraila,
Finland,
Iceland,
Greenland,
Im sure there are load's more but just never heard of any. IMHO I think that 'Goverment' is a problem worldwide as they all seem to do what's best for them, not the normal hard working average jo....it's the way of the world i think, a case of 'you cant please all of the people all of the time' so they just please themselves instead!

Mike.

The Titanic was built by professionals - The Ark was built by one man!
www.aqua-care.co.uk
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2007, 21:37   #22

Town: Oakley
Boat name: Zerstörer
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF 140
MMSI: 235050131
I must admit having lived and worked in a few different countries. Not a lot mind you so I can't comment on every country. The UK is a pretty frightening country to live in. Seeing as its supposed to be the fifth richest (was the fourth) and its the land of the free I personally see very little that could sell this island to other developed countries peoples for a place to live.

For those that work for a living the government does very little to help. It invests nothing in infrastructure. In most cases getting by on a wing and a prayer. Yet again government has been found wanting this week. Floods (Global warming, laugh laugh) have found people flooded. We just don't expect that. We pay taxes for government to think about the wider problem and we send people to University to learn about this problem. But consistently they don't and consistently they take our money but blame everyone else.

Trouble is no one is man enough to admit they have made a mistake.

The only thing that seems to work is Private investment. But if thats so why do we pay all these taxes. Why can't they let a free market economy work. Personally I pay taxes for the NHS etc but when I go to use them I have to pay more money. Whats that all about !!! If I'm going to do that I would rather buy all my insurances and not pay for crap government to waste my money on second rate services.
Old 29 June 2007, 22:07   #23

Town: Dorset
Boat name: Pending
Make: Pending
Length: no boat
Totally agree with the NHS bit.....5 years ago i had to have a big back opp & was told by the NHS surgon i had to wait 18 month's by which time i would have been in a wheelchair!!! i was lucky enough to be able to afford the £5600.00 to go private two weeks later (with the same bloody surgon! for one day & night in hospital). The yank's do have that sorted for sure with the no insurence no help system & i belive the French have it good too, But i did a job for a French doctor the other day that lived in Chelsea & he said the only reason he moved here was that there tax system is even worse than ours & it was'ent worth him working in his own country as it cost him far too much, he said that if you are wealthy in France they take over half of it back off you in taxes!!!! the worlds goverments are going tax mad its like being back in the 1400/1500's where the rich where rich and the poor where nothing but an inconvence!!!!
Mike

The Titanic was built by professionals - The Ark was built by one man!
www.aqua-care.co.uk
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote